Hello,
Thanks for making such an awesome program, it's very technically impressive and I love being able to run my old games under RISC OS.
I haven't been able to get Elite working properly. I'm using version 1.14 downloaded from Ian Bell's website and I have replaced the !Run with the appropriate ADFBootFloppy command.
Elite loads OK and I can go into the game by clicking on its icon bar icon. The trading screens look fine, however when I launch most of the graphics are missing. It seems that basically the vector graphics are missing and everything else is OK. Specifically, the ships, planet and space station are missing but the crosshairs, starfield, and status area at the bottom are present.
I am using ADFFS 2.88 and RISC OS 5.30 on a Pi 4. I also tried a few earlier versions of ADFFS and they either had the same problem or the game didn't load at all.
I also have an original disc of Elite which I imaged and was going to try, but it's version 1.06 and I only see options for 1.02 and 1.14 on the boot scripts page (https://forums.jaspp.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73).
Elite - no vector graphics on Pi 4
Re: Elite - no vector graphics on Pi 4
I'm seeing the issue, although its intermittent. I've gone back as far as I can go with ADFFS and the behaviour is the same, so its either OS related or a bug in the game.
I'll track down the issue and get it resolved.
I'll track down the issue and get it resolved.
Re: Elite - no vector graphics on Pi 4
Thank you. I think the exact same version of Elite worked OK on my SA Risc PC, let me know if you'd like me to retest that to be sure. The RPC connected to an LCD monitor that won't do TV modes though so it runs Elite letterboxed and speeded up.