JonAbbott wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019
perhaps the source code was modified before it reached me, to be more geared towards a RiscPC with more ram.
That seems likely as I have a boxed version, but sadly it's a later release with strong ARM support.
It
does run on an A3000, but with the music screwed up and it runs at a snails pace!
Also the copy protection has been removed, which is no fun!
I'm guessing that in adding strong ARM support they introduced quite a few regressions!
Here's a pic of my copy:
For a speed comparison, here's the JASPP version under RISCOS 3.11 with 4MB of RAM (A3000):
And here's the version I have on floppy
under the exact same configuration:
It does work with RISCOS2 and 2MB of RAM, but it's not enjoyable.
I know the original release wasn't like that, but it seems like the original has been somewhat lost!