ADFFS - possible to change JFD write protect status after creating JFD?

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
wmd

ADFFS - possible to change JFD write protect status after creating JFD?

Post by wmd »

As per title. I have created a number of JFD images but a couple of the games require the write protect state to be disabled.
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS - possible to change JFD write protect status after creating JFD?

Post by JonAbbott »

I'll refer you to How to image a floppy disc with ADFFS, if you look at the screenshots there's a Write protect tickbox.

There's also the Auto flush tickbox, which will update the JFD file when its dismounted, if any writes have occurred. If you leave it unticked, you can write to the JFD but any changes will be discarded unless you manually save via the ADFFS Filer menu.

If you spot any games where it's defaulting to Write protect, but the game needs to save to the floppy, let me know and I'll update the database so it feeds into the next ADFFS update.
wmd

Post by wmd »

Yes, I am aware of the tick box at the point where you create the JFD, but wanted to know if it was possible to change that setting for a JFD after it had been created? Or, do you have to save the JFD again to apply that setting?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

wmd wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:46 pm wanted to know if it was possible to change that setting for a JFD after it had been created?
Sorry, I should have mentioned you're reimaging the JFD. Just mount the JFD and image it as if it was the original floppy.