This is down to an issue with the !Run, I'll update the package soon.JonAbbott wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 ADFFS 2.80u in the OP and available for testers via PackMan. A few game packages have also been updated to resolve Page Zero access bugs.I've fixed the initial issue, but there's another problem which is causing the game to get stuck in a loop. I'll continue to investigate.Idge wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 Blaston [UCS]
Gives error
IRQv: E9EFDFF6
ADFFS Exception: ADFF5009 Instruction not implemented.
Only seems to affect the UCS version, the standard Blaston works without issue
This has turned out to be an issue in the !Run, I'll update the package soon.
It's the disc protection failing, I'll update the package to resolve soon.Idge wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 Casino
All of the games load to the system tray, after showing the disk error, but don't seem to allow you to do anything
MUFC is asking for disc 2 - its a known issue with this version. I'll see if I can modify its code to resolve.Idge wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 Champions
MUFC - Seems to load ok, but when trying to start a game, I just get a black screen and the music continues to play
Boxing Manager - Seems to work fine
Leaderboard - Seems to work fine, although runs way too fast
Squash - Can't move the cursor once the game loads. Pressing ctrl-shift-f12 does return you to the desktop (NB the original version of this works fine, this issue seems to only manifest in this champions version)
Leaderboard - I'll see if there's a way to slow it down
Squash - it appears to be stuck in a loop waiting for an event to trigger, I'll investigate further.
EDIT: Squash's issue appears to be related to Joystick support as RMKill'ing USBJoystick gets it working, I'll continue to investigate.
These are both due to a reentrancy issue in the ADFFS Event handler. I'll fix for the next build.Idge wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 Chocks Away
Loads title screen, but then shows a > at the top of the screen and doesn't do anything else
Chopper Force
Doesn't load game, just freezes with a white line at top left of screen
This issue will affect most Fourth Dimension titles.
It's a Page Zero access bug, and there's another a bit further on in the code. I'll figure out a fix.Idge wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 Command Ship
IRQv: E9EFEFF6
ADFFS Exception: ADFF5016 Modifying hardware Vectors
EDIT: After further investigation, I think this is down to a bug in RISC OS which I've raised here. I've implemented a workaround in the next build of ADFFS.
It's a turn based adventure. Type HELP for the commands and move with the Cursor keys.Idge wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 Cyberzone
Game loads ok, then shows a lot of > in bottom window and doesn't let you type or do anything. Ctrl-Shift-F12 takes you back to desktop though, so this could be me not knowing what I am doing
I couldn't reproduce that issue, but it does mess with the Wimp mode which might be triggering the Abort you're seeing. I'll investigate further.Idge wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 Cyborg
Both games work fine, however on Cyborg the Adventure, pressing ctrl-shift-f12 causes an Internal error: abort on data transfer at &FC1ABCA0570 error
I couldn't reproduce this issue, could you try copying !Jinxter to RAM: and then run it. Some of the earlier Magnetic Scrolls adventures can't handle file path lengths over ~70 chars. I've not put the package of Wonderland up for this reason.Idge wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 Jinxter
Game loads ok, but then locks up at the beginning when it tries to show the first picture. I recall having this issue on my original copy of Jinxter, but cant remember how I resolved it.