Arcade Soccer MODE13SOC not found

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
Idge

Arcade Soccer MODE13SOC not found

Post by Idge »

I have tried to image my copy of Arcade Soccer to a JFD, however while it images the disk without any issue, when I try and use Boot Floppy I always get an error stating File MODE13SOC not found on Line 120.

My original disk will only work if I configure filesystem ADFS and shift boot it.

I have tried a normal boot floppy, a control boot floppy so it exits the desktop first as well as trying to run !boot directly.

Running !boot directly from the image (without boot floppy) starts loading the game until it gets to the title image and plays the music, you then press space and it crashes, I cant see the error message unfortunately. Note the original disk also behaves this way if running Boot directly, it only runs if I shift boot it .

Any Ideas?

Thanks
JonAbbott

Re: Arcade Soccer MODE13SOC not found

Post by JonAbbott »

eMail an ADF image of the disk to me please, I think you have a release I've not seen yet.
Idge

Post by Idge »

Thanks Jon,
Just emailed that over to you.
That would make sense as your recording file did not work on my copy, I had to create my own for it to image without it showing errors.

Cheers
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

You have an earlier release from 1989, which is quite a bit different.

I'll figure out how to detect it and adjust the boot script accordingly.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Grab the latest obey.zip and image the floppy as Arcade Soccer, but drag !ADFFS.imaging.eform800 into the window as the recording file, so it images the whole floppy.

I'll update the recording file in the next ADFFS update.
Idge

Post by Idge »

Superb!

Thank you Jon, that is all working as expected now. Thanks so much for the quick resolution