Lemmings 1992 release

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
flashfire42

Lemmings 1992 release

Post by flashfire42 »

No-Intro currently has a 1992 version of Lemmings datted which appears different to anything released by this preservation project. Does this exist on any of your documentation at all?
JonAbbott

Re: Lemmings 1992 release

Post by JonAbbott »

There's two versions of Lemmings that I'm aware of:
  • F10227 Lemmings (1991) (Krisalis Software)
  • F10469 Lemmings [Learning Curve version] (1991) (Krisalis Software)
Both versions are however dated 1991.

The Release date on the No-Intro entry for Lemmings is showing as "(unconfirmed date)". I suspect the floppy scan is of a later Krysalis silkscreened floppy, after Krysalis started using their own branding.

I'm not expect the contents of the floppy to be any different, but I'd need the ADF to be certain.

The fact it's an ADF implies its either hacked or has been imaged from the Learning Curve version, if that helps.
flashfire42

Post by flashfire42 »

https://archive.org/details/lemmings-acorn-archimedes the file can be found here. I am hoping to be able to update the dats for the archimedes on no-intro to be in the JFD format as it appears to be the best way to preserve these disks. Hopefully this is of help and I look forward to your feedback.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

flashfire42 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:54 am https://archive.org/details/lemmings-acorn-archimedes the file can be found here. I am hoping to be able to update the dats for the archimedes on no-intro to be in the JFD format as it appears to be the best way to preserve these disks. Hopefully this is of help and I look forward to your feedback.
I've taken a look at the ADF, its the original 1991 release.

If you're proposing to upload JFD images obtained via JASPP you would need to seek approval from the original publishers. The agreements in place are for distribution via JASPP only, hosting them elsewhere without approval is illegal.

It's for this reason you will not find many games that have been released elsewhere on the Internet on this site. Unless the title specifically states the game can be freely distributed, I will link to the original hosting site and not provide the JASPP archive copy of the game.
flashfire42

Post by flashfire42 »

JonAbbott wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:09 am
flashfire42 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:54 am https://archive.org/details/lemmings-acorn-archimedes the file can be found here. I am hoping to be able to update the dats for the archimedes on no-intro to be in the JFD format as it appears to be the best way to preserve these disks. Hopefully this is of help and I look forward to your feedback.
I've taken a look at the ADF, its the original 1991 release.

If you're proposing to upload JFD images obtained via JASPP you would need to seek approval from the original publishers. The agreements in place are for distribution via JASPP only, hosting them elsewhere without approval is illegal.

It's for this reason you will not find many games that have been released elsewhere on the Internet on this site. Unless the title specifically states the game can be freely distributed, I will link to the original hosting site and not provide the JASPP archive copy of the game.
No-Intro and by extension Dat-o-Matic store the metadata of the images. For example The MD5, SHA1, CRC32. Making dats that people can use to organise their files. It would not be hosting the items merely having the metadata stored in another place so it can be used for the purposes of Dats. No-intro is anti piracy in any way and would not host any roms legally obtained or otherwise.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

flashfire42 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:27 am No-Intro and by extension Dat-o-Matic store the metadata of the images.
That would be okay. There's no problem with hosting metadata as its publicly available.

If it helps, I can email you a copy of the master spreadsheet with all the metadata ? PM me your email address if this would be useful.

The JFD metadata all comes from the spreadsheet, an abridged copy of which is stored in !ADFFS.imaging.archive with the metadata stored that's stored in imaged JFD files.