Gribbly's Day Out

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
Pandemo69

Gribbly's Day Out

Post by Pandemo69 »

Hello.
Is it possible to find here (or anywhere) a copy of Gribbly's Day Out or is someone selling the original Floppy?
It would be so nice to play this Game after all this years. The status of this same is complete, i think.
But maybe there is no permission for distributing it.

Thank you for any help.
Wish you a nice sunday.
Günther.
JonAbbott

Re: Gribbly's Day Out

Post by JonAbbott »

There's no permission to release it I'm afraid, but the archive copy is complete.

In 10 years, I've yet to see a physical copy. I don't think I've seen it appear on eBay either, so locating an original is going to be down to luck.
Pandemo69

Post by Pandemo69 »

Thank you for your reply.
Then i hope you get the permission to release the game.
Thank you Jon.
hubersn

Post by hubersn »

JonAbbott wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:16 pm There's no permission to release it I'm afraid, but the archive copy is complete.

In 10 years, I've yet to see a physical copy. I don't think I've seen it appear on eBay either, so locating an original is going to be down to luck.
I had to look into my "archives" to be sure, but I have located my physical copy here. Floppy disc along with a mostly empty box with horrible artwork.

Can I help with preservation here?

Thanks for your work so far...haven't had much time for the retro stuff in the past few years unfortunately :-(
Steffen aka hubersn
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

hubersn wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:05 am Can I help with preservation here?

Thanks for your work so far...haven't had much time for the retro stuff in the past few years unfortunately :-(
The archived digital copy is complete, so all good on that front, but thanks for the offer. Hang on to it - I'll come to you if I do need to reimage it in the future.

I try to obtain at least one complete physical copy of every game so I have a reference. Its also really useful having an original to hand when I need to compare what happens on physical vs emulated, not to mention ensuring the disk protection is imaged correctly. This title seems to be a particularity rare one that I doubt I'll ever obtain an original boxed copy.
Pandemo69 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:34 pm It would be so nice to play this Game after all this years. The status of this same is complete, i think.
But maybe there is no permission for distributing it.
What machine are you using? If its at least a RiscPC that's networked and you're willing to spend some time testing games under beta builds of ADFFS, you could become a beta tester for the project?

Although there's no permission to release the title publicly, Gribbly's is a game we test as part of the ADFFS development cycle. Becoming a project beta tester would give you access to all the packaged games that we test. Off the top of my head there's around 200 that need testing during the development cycle.