Page 1 of 1
Re: Gods (1992) (Krisalis Software)
Posted: Sun May 14, 2023
by !FOZ!
Does anyone happen to have the level passwords for this game? I tried passwords for Amiga and no dice.
Re: Gods (1992) (Krisalis Software)
Posted: Mon May 15, 2023
by JonAbbott
!FOZ! wrote: Sun May 14, 2023
Does anyone happen to have the level passwords for this game? I tried passwords for Amiga and no dice.
If you read the text on the intro it states:
Your copy of disk two must be in the drive and write enabled during the game or your passwords and high scores will not be saved.
So you need to have reached the level before the password is created.
You can of course cheat by pre-generating the passwords in the high score file. Having looked it the game code today, if you run the following from within the !GODS folder, it will pre-generate LV2/LV3/LV4 as the passwords:
Code: Select all
DIM P% 16,E% 16, hiscore% 216
OSCLI "LOAD bin.hiscores "+STR$~hiscore%
$E%="MagicPocketsCoke"
$(P%+0)="LV2"+CHR$0
$(P%+4)="LV3"+CHR$0
$(P%+8)="LV4"+CHR$0
FOR A%=P% TO P%+11
IF ?A%<65 AND ?A%>0 THEN ?A%=?A%-&13 ELSE ?A%=?A% AND NOT &40
NEXT
hiscore%!&CC=P%!0 EOR E%!4
hiscore%!&D0=P%!4 EOR E%!8
hiscore%!&D4=P%!8 EOR E%!12
OSCLI "SAVE bin.hiscores "+STR$~hiscore%+"+D4"
Re: Gods (1992) (Krisalis Software)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2025
by gareth
Hi,
I’m playing on a Raspberry Pi with the latest RiscOS and ADFFS and Gods installed via Packman. I’ve noticed that the screen is cut off at the bottom. On the gameplay video included above there is a black bar at the bottom of the screen where the hints appear as you play the game. This is not there on the Pi. The main graphics come right to the bottom of the screen.
I’d this just a Pi thing or has something changed since the video was taken?
Cheers
Gareth
Re: Gods (1992) (Krisalis Software)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2025
by JonAbbott
gareth wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2025
I’d this just a Pi thing or has something changed since the video was taken?
It's where I've added
screen clipping and must have got the wrong aspect ratio for it.
I'll fix in in due course, but for the time being edit
!ADFFS.obey.F1017201 and change the
*ADFClipScreen line from
8:5 to something else - look at the linked page for values used with other games. It could be
20:13 or
40:27 at a guess.
If you let me know which ratio is correct, I'll update for the next ADFFS release.
EDIT: It looks like it should be 40:27 (ie 320x216)
Re: Gods (1992) (Krisalis Software)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2025
by gareth
Hi Jon,
Yeah, that fixed it. The correct one is 40:27.
Cheers
Gareth