Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Abuse
Game works fine, but when you select quit from the icon in system tray it seems to freeze the pi.
Same issue on on adfss 2.73 but this gives an error ADFFS Exception: ADFFS5005 IRQ occured in a codelet, but couldn't find codelet base
Aldebaran
Game works fine, but if you click around the options in the icon on the system tray it locks up the pi.
Cntrl-Shift-F12 also freezes the pi from the game
Get same issues in ADFFS 2.73
These are both WIMP tasks, so this behaviour is expected. The OS doesn't allow ADFFS to switch the task in, so although it tries it's best to shut the task down whilst it's paged out - it doesn't always work and causes system locks etc.
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Air Supremacy
Get error -2147483646:1240 - Internal Error: Abort on Data transfer at &01E0046C. Press Space or click mouse to continue. Have to then hard reset the pi
Get same issue on ADFFS 2.73
I do not see this issue, could you confirm when you get the abort please.
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Alerion
Get Error IRQv:E9EFDFF6
ADFFS Exception: ADFF5016 Modifying hardware vectors
On ADFFS 2.73 just get a garbled error message and game doesnt load
The game is intentionally messing with the hardware vectors. I'll update the package soon, in the meantime could you confirm that adding the following to its !Run gets it working:
Code: Select all
JITMEMORYA P 26B24 E3A01000 EA000003
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Arc-A3000-Christmas-Box
All games give a garbled error message box
Works on ADFFS 2.73, but PonWinter will not load stating it needs original disk in drive 0
!ZapWierdos works for me, !PonWinter reports a disc protection failure - which I'll investigate, and !Brixx reports an Abort - which I'll investigate, but its in the disc protection code so may be related to the !PonWinter issue
EDIT: It's a problem in the !Run / Boot script. I'll fix the packages soon.
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Arcade-3
Get error stating Application may have gone wrong. Click continue to try to resume or quit to stop application
Works in ADFFS 2.73 with the exception of CNTRL-SHIFT-F12 freezing the pi
I couldn't reproduce the issue with 2.80s - do all three games fail, or do you not get that far?
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Arcade Soccer
Gives Garbled error message which is hard to read, however I think it says Application may have gone wrong
Works on ADFFS 2.73
Arcendium
Get Application may have gone wrong. Click continue to try to resume or quit to stop application
Internal Error: Abort on Data Transfer at &010F41C8
Works in ADFFS 2.73
I couldn't reproduce either of these, so please see if they also occur with 2.80s. I presume the games do not load at all?
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
ArcPinball
Get a Please Wait, loading screen that does not progress
Works on ADFFS 2.73
The game does take a while to load as it runs a large EXEC file. It will sit with an hourglass for a while, then the music will start and it will eventually load. Did you get to the music?
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Arcturus
Application may have gone wrong. Click continue to try to resume or quit to stop application.
Internal Error: abort on data transfer at &01109370
Works in ADFFS 2.73
I couldn't reproduce this, please try 2.80s.
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Asylum
Get garbled error message box, which is an Application may have gone wrong message, Cannot read the error code
Which version did you use?
Asylum or
Asylum-[Acorn-Arcade], I could not reproduce the issue on either version so please retry both under 2.80s
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Birds Of War
Game works fine, but when you exit the game by clicking Exit it freezes the pi
I'm seeing the same issue, so will investigate
EDIT: It's a bug in the paravirtualised OS_ReadSysInfo. Fixed in the next ADFFS build
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Boogie Buggy
Get an Error IRQv: E9EFDFF6
ADFFS Exception: ADFFS5016 Modifying hardware vectors.
Works in ADFFS 2.73
The game intentionally replaces the Address exception hardware vector. This will be corrected in the next ADFFS build, in the meantime see if the issue is fixed by adding the following to the top of its !Run:
Note the game does have a bug that causes it to crash when switching to disc 2, but I've not managed to track it down yet
Idge wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022
Exotic Adventures of Sylvia Lane
Fails with attempt to use badly nested error handler (or corrupt R13)
Also fails on ADFFS 2.73
I see the same issue, so will investigate
EDIT: This is a bug in the Page Zero abort handler, it will be fixed in the next build