HDF with ADFFS pre-installed

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
wmd

HDF with ADFFS pre-installed

Post by wmd »

Is there any chance we could have a HDF file with ADFFS pre-installed? This would be super-useful for those of us using MiSTer FPGA devices.

*edit* no matter, I managed to sort this myself.
JonAbbott

Re: HDF with ADFFS pre-installed

Post by JonAbbott »

An HDF is not something I plan to provide, however you can do it yourself fairly easily using RPCEmu:
  1. Install RPCEmu on a PC along with RISC OS 5, using the self-extracting HardDisc4 image to populate !Boot. Configure the RPCEmu Networking via Settings\Networking
  2. Install PackMan
  3. Launch !PackMan
  4. Select Advanced/Sources and add the JASPP source: https://www.jaspp.org.uk/packages/release, updating the list
  5. Install HDFFS via PackMan
  6. Restart to load HDFFS
  7. Create a blank file for the HFD image and set it's type to HardDisc
  8. Launch the HDF to mount it with HDFFS
  9. Format HDFFS::4 with Partition Manager (use the current beta until I make the package available via PackMan)
  10. Open HDFFS::4
  11. Launch !PackMan and select Advanced/Paths from the menu
  12. Add "Apps.Games" with location on disc set to "Games" and drag the folder to HDFFS::4
  13. Install ADFFS and the games you want via PackMan - they should install into the HDF file as you've redirected Apps.Games
Although the initial setup is a bit long-winded, once created you can keep ADFFS and the games up to date on the HDF image via PackMan and easily pull down games as they're published.