Help playing games

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
Chriscoc

Help playing games

Post by Chriscoc »

Hello JASPP, Thank you for accepting my request to join.

I am struggling to play games and not having much success with the guides. Basically I am wanting to play Sunburst, just on my regular computer and trying to do this the easiest way I can. I downloaded the game file, Arculator, ADFFS but can't combine the 3. When I load Arculator I can't manage to get anything open within the emulator and pretty stuck. Feel free to point me towards a guide I have missed, thank you.
JonAbbott

Re: Help playing games

Post by JonAbbott »

Sunburst shouldn't need ADFFS to run, as per the instructions on the game page - just launch the icon.

In other words, extract the ZIP within Arculator using SparkFS or SparkPlug and then launch it directly.
Chriscoc

Post by Chriscoc »

Hello Jon,

Thank you for the reply. I am still struggling, sorry, I understand this is basic stuff. So I have downloaded SparkFS .bas file and Sunburst, I put them both in the hostFS folder so I can access them when I load up Arculator. When I load up Arculator however it runs and opens up a notepad style file with lots of code, no actual applications load. Do you have any idea where I am going wrong please?

I think I need to middle click on SparkFS to set the file type, but I've no idea how I middle click on Windows 10 and can't find any information about this on Google.
Idge

Post by Idge »

It depends which mouse you have, but if you have one with a scroll wheel you can click that for a middle button when in Arculator
Chriscoc

Post by Chriscoc »

Thank you Idge, I use a laptop so didn't think about the scroll wheel. After using a mouse I have managed to play sunburst, unfortunately I get a "Syntax Error at Line 1112. Press F12 then Return to redraw screen." Whenever I tried dock at a space station, something vital to playing the game. Does anyone know anything about this?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I've just tested SunBurst v1.02 and couldn't reproduce the docking error. What RISC OS version are you using under the emulator?