ADFFS 2.61 beta

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.61 beta

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip on the dev site, which gets the following working:

F1039101 WorldScape (1990) (Eclipse) (speed issues)
F1032001 X-Run (1990) (XFM Software)

WorldScape can be HD installed, by copying the contents on disc 2 into the !wscape directory. It does however run too fast and doesn't appear to have any form of speed regulation, so make sure you plant trees before placing any city blocks to prevent it spreading all over the map. It also simply quits when you lose and has no sound what-so-ever.

The copy we have appears to be a pre-release, so I need to locate another. You'll need the manual to play it, which is in the full archive. It's essentially SimCity with an Eco flavour.

The floppy image of X-Run is now on the dev site.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:
-"Break 147" causes "Internal Error: undefined instruction at &2017A164" some times.
-"Superpool" does the same. Trying to run both games, one after another, causes crashes.
-"World Scape" crashes after the cmputer finishes building world.

-"X-Run" works OK
-"Oddball" works OK
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-"Break 147" causes "Internal Error: undefined instruction at &2017A164" some times.
-"Superpool" does the same.
Do you know how to reproduce the crash? I played both quite a bit before recording the YouTube videos, on both Pi2 and Pi3 without any crashes.
Vanfanel wrote:-"WorldScape" crashes after the computer finishes building world.
Although I got this title working, it does have some bugs, particularly when loading/saving. It also doesn't appear to be complete, possibly due to it being a pre-release review copy. I'm going to leave it as-is until I can locate a full release copy.

Incidentally, the latest obey.zip does fix the speed issue, but it's so sloooow to play I'll probably add a fast-forward key if a full release copy turns up.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip and Modules on the dev site, which get Bug Hunter & Moondash working. I fixed a bug in the 26bit Module support to get them working.

Copy the games to HD and use the F1005901 script for Bug Hunter and the F1005901b script for Moondash, stripping off the first lines as usual for a HD install.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip and Modules on the dev site, which get Humanoids and Robotix working. Both games rely on a quirk of RISCOS, where OS_Byte 129 returns with the Carry set if the key being checked is pressed. This is an undocumented feature which I've confirmed still occurs on RISCOS 5, so I've modified the SWI flag preservation to allow C to be corrupt by the OS for OS_Byte 129 to get the games working.

Copy the games to HD and use the F1056501 script for Humanoids and the F1056501b script for Robotix.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:
-Humanois & Robotics work well on the Pi!
-Bug Hunter & Moon Dash work well on the Pi!

About "Break 147" & "Super Pool" crash: just try to run the game several times without rebooting. It will eventually show the crash.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules and obey.zip on the dev site, which get the following working:

F1026901 Omar Sharif's Bridge (1992) (Krisalis Software)
F1041001 Plague Planet (1988) (Alpine Software) (currently no working floppy image)
F1029201 Put It! (1992) (Uffenkamp Computer Systeme) (sound issues)
F1059405 Software 42 Collection: Raw Power (1993) (Eclipse)

Floppy images of Raw Power are now on the dev site, HD install instructions are in the boot script.
Vanfanel wrote:About "Break 147" & "Super Pool" crash: just try to run the game several times without rebooting. It will eventually show the crash.
I've tried this on several machines, but have been unable to reproduce the crash. Assuming you've installed to HD, try inserting the following directly after the WimpSlot line in !Run and see if it crashes in the same way:

Code: Select all

InitStore 0
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I've uploaded a ZIP of Syndicate+ to untested, which appears to work from the limited testing I've done. Just unzip and run either Syndicate or American Revolt.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:
-"Omar Shariff's Bridge" works OK!
-"Syndicate" works OK! (Wow!!)
-"Put it" works OK but hangs on exit via CTRL+SHIFT+F12
-"Software 42 Collection: Raw Power" works but hangs on asking for disk 2

Also, tried adding "InitStore 0" after the WimpSlot line in "Break 147" !Run, but it still corrupts something after several launches without rebooting.. some leak maybe?

Also, I left "Cobalt Seed" running for a while in demo mode (it shows tittle screen, hi-scores, and loops...) and after a while it showed this:

Intelnal error: abort on data transfer at &2027CD94, Handler WaitInkey, offset &00247194, last event 12
As I pressed a key, it went back to desktop.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules and obey.zip on the dev site, which get the following working:

F1016301 Flying High: Euroblaster (1997) (GEK)
F1016302 Flying High: Joust (1997) (GEK)
F1024401 Master Break (1990) (Superior Software)
F1056401 Memory Magic (1990) (Cambridge International Software)

There's HD install instructions in the Flying High boot scripts.
Vanfanel wrote:-"Software 42 Collection: Raw Power" works but hangs on asking for disk 2
If you haven't installed to HD, then disk 2 is CTRL-SHIFT-F6 as it's disk 6 in the compilation set.
Vanfanel wrote:Also, tried adding "InitStore 0" after the WimpSlot line in "Break 147" !Run, but it still corrupts something after several launches without rebooting.. some leak maybe?
Something that takes a few goes to fully break - Sound voices possibly. I tried running and terminating 20 times, but couldn't get it to break.
Vanfanel wrote:I left "Cobalt Seed" running for a while in demo mode (it shows tittle screen, hi-scores, and loops...) and after a while it showed this:

Intelnal error: abort on data transfer at &2027CD94, Handler WaitInkey, offset &00247194, last event 12
I don't believe I fixed all the bugs in its code, this could be related. I just tried it under debug mode and it locks the machine solid!