Game requests

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
JonAbbott

Re: Game requests

Post by JonAbbott »

I've upped a video of Diggers running the Pi to the JASPP YouTube channel for those that are interested. I didn't play it, just left it on the demo loop for 15 mins.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Simon the Sorcerer is now working on the Pi (ignoring the fact the HD installer can't currently be run cleanly, so installing to HD is an issue :cry:)

All the requested games that I can get working are now running on the Pi, with the exception of Doom that I've yet to locate. The remaining games on the list (Elite, Hamsters) are WIMP based, so won't be supported any time soon.
retrofan

Post by retrofan »

I'm struggling these days to install Simon the Sorcerer on the HD, using the obey installer script F1033209, which I replaced in the Install script of disk9, over original !Run file.
Every time the installation starts, it gets stuck on disc1 with disc error message at 2% of the installation process.
The game works fine with adf floppies and the !Run script F1033201, but it's quite awkward to juggle 9 floppies all the time.
I checked the zip archives of all adf files from various sources and they are correct, but it always gets stuck in the same place, with original or adffs obey script instalation file.
In the end I tried to manually copy the contents of the flopies to the hd and it got stuck again with disk 1, right at the GAMEbase file in the !Simon.Execute folder.
If I am making a mistake somewhere in the HD installation procedure, please help.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

From your description, it sounds like the ADF of disc 1 might be truncated or damaged in some way.