ADFFS 2.54

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
Vanfanel

Re: ADFFS 2.54

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:

-Hoverbod works well, whatever the game is about. I can move the round character left/right Z/X, it all seems fine but I don't know how to play it really.

-Missile Control (nice Missile Command clone! wow) is playable but has relatively small graphics problems. There's a corrupt band on the upper part of the screen while you play, and what should be the tittle screen is corrupt too. I can take pics if you need.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:There's a corrupt band on the upper part of the screen while you play
Seems my fix worked at the time I tested it, but now seems to not have any effect...back to the drawing board :roll:
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote:
Vanfanel wrote:There's a corrupt band on the upper part of the screen while you play
Seems my fix worked at the time I tested it, but now seems to not have any effect...back to the drawing board :roll:
Try the latest obey.zip, had to heavily modify the code and whilst I was there also added speed regulation to the title and bonus screens.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Missile Control works great now! No more corrupt graphics!
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

@Vanfanel could you see if this bug occurs on your Pi. With ADFFS loaded, press F12 for a command prompt, leave it there and see if the machine locks within 5 mins.

Swapping disks in GB'A isn't very stable either, seems to crash the machine most of the time.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Whilst recording the YouTube videos of the games to release, I've noticed two with issues:

Minotaur is too fast when calculating the map, turning and possibly other areas
Talisman exits when you Freeze the game to access the icons (via Copy - End on PC keyboards.) The sound is also does odd things on my recording Pi (which is using HDMI audio), but is okay on my dev Pi (jack audio)
Thundermonk crashes when you finish the first level

EDIT: It looks like Thundermonk is failing its disc protection
EDIT2: Typically my copy of Thundermonk is damaged, however I retrieved the missing sector from it and constructed a new copy. Now that issue is resolved, it doesn't pause on the password screen when you finish the level, so needs some pauses added. The title screen suffers the same problem.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: I've had the Pi running an F12 terminal with ADDFS loaded for 1 hour, and the system seems perfectly fine to me.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: I've had the Pi running an F12 terminal with ADDFS loaded for 1 hour, and the system seems perfectly fine to me.
Hmm, could be RISCOS related then as I've tried vanilla RISCOS to rule out other software. I'll try last nights build to see if it's any different.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Thundermonk crashes when you finish the first level
@Vanfanel Now fixed, you'll need the latest obey.zip and floppy image. Whilst I was fixing this issue, I also added delays to the title screen, password screen and the credits/highscore pages.

I've also uploaded the latest modules, which fix yet another bug I spotted whilst testing.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

@Vanfanel latest obey.zip corrects the sounds in Ibix the Viking, and also gets the screen fade working. Talisman no longer crashes when paused.

EDIT: Empire Soccer '94 is crashing randomly, so I've removed it from the release list.