NOOBS issues

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
JonAbbott

NOOBS issues

Post by JonAbbott »

I've just built some Pi's (B and B+) using the NOOBS setup, but ADFFS doesn't seem to work on it. I've tried various builds of ADFFS and they all result in either a blank screen and lock-up, or a screen that looks like the image below.

The OS is the same version as my dev builds, so at a guess, the issue could be firmware related. I know a few other people raised this previously, but I've never been able to reproduce it. I now have four Pi's all doing the same thing and will have to get it fixed before the London show.

The root issue is that RISCOS is going into the wrong MODE; even though ADFFS has taken over before the MODE change, something is causing MODE 9 and 13 to go into MODE 27 or 28.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (123.89 KiB) Viewed 5290 times
JonAbbott

Re: NOOBS issues

Post by JonAbbott »

It looks like its caused by a feature / bug in RISCOS. If RISCOS thinks the monitor doesn't support 320x200, its forcing MODE 27 / 28.

I'll try AnyMode to see if this resolves it. I've tried various ways of getting RISCOS to ignore the monitor without much success, so I may need to raise it with the RISCOS devs.
richw

Post by richw »

That looks like the issue I had when I tried the same. I am sure I posted about it here. I have a feeling it was down to monitor type or the selected MDF. AnyMode did not seem to help, which I couldn't understand!
richw

Post by richw »

Any... I think you need to pick AKF60 or use AnyMode.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=160&p=1254#p1254
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Thanks for confirming.

I did some PRM reading earlier and looked through all the RISCOS mode change flow charts, which led me to believe it's Service_EnumerateScreenModes at fault. I'll see if I can override it and allow all resolutions, as there's the potential for EDID to stop most games working.