Suggestion: Editable "ID3" tags for disk images

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
Qjimbo

Suggestion: Editable "ID3" tags for disk images

Post by Qjimbo »

I just wanted to give a suggestion for a future ADFFS version - tags inside the files. This way they can tagged with the Name, Author, Publisher, License(?) and also artwork from the front and back of disks and also box artwork. Being able to see and edit this possibly as a sub menu or window from the ADFFS icon in the taskbar once an image is loaded would be really cool and useful and give context to old floppy disk images and games. Certainly a big part of my memories using Acorn machines is seeing the disks themselves, not just the software on them. I also have a bunch of old disks of my own I want to archive and it would be great to be able to attach scans of the disk artwork inside of the files.

Here's a sample of such an editor in Foobar2000:

Would really like to know your thoughts on this and I hope you consider my suggestion!
JonAbbott

Re: Suggestion: Editable "ID3" tags for disk images

Post by JonAbbott »

If you image as JFD, you will see it already has metadata. You can view it under the Format sub menu of any mounted JFD.

I opted not to embed images as they would increase the size of the files too much.
Qjimbo

Re: Suggestion: Editable "ID3" tags for disk images

Post by Qjimbo »

Valid point, I guess the artwork image could be bigger than the size of the entire disk image!