PackMan Issues.

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
whoozzem

PackMan Issues.

Post by whoozzem »

Hi,
Just got my Pi working and decided to try out PackMan and I discovered Burn Out [SA] edition fails to install due to an illegal character in its' package name.

Also the original SimCity is missing from the PackMan list, but I see the forum thread for it does say 5.x is experimental and may crash the machine.

On the subject of crashes, is there any escape key now to exit the games that don't provide exit buttons/keys by default?

JonAbbott

Re: PackMan Issues.

Post by JonAbbott »

whoozzem wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:17 pm Burn Out [SA] edition fails to install due to an illegal character in its' package name.
You need the latest version of PackMan to fix the illegal character issue, it was released last week.
whoozzem wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:17 pm SimCity is missing from the PackMan list, but I see the forum thread for it does say 5.x is experimental and may crash the machine.
I'm not sure if I've release it via PackMan yet. I'm releasing more games to testers soon, so will check.
whoozzem wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:17 pm is there any escape key now to exit the games that don't provide exit buttons/keys by default?
CTRL+SHIFT+F12

This forcibly terminates the current task that's running under the JIT, it rolls back everything the game has done, such as vector claims, Module loads, Voice Handlers, Channel Handlers, Environment Handlers etc and then shuts the JIT down.
whoozzem

Post by whoozzem »

Thanks for the reply, I thought PackMan would have been updated as part of the 5.24>5.27 nightly build upgrade since I thought it was a default included app.

Also thanks for the CTRL+SHIFT+F12 since earlier the only method I could find was to pull the power plug out which I was loathe to do but just couldn't get any key combinations to work (even break etc. didn't do anything).
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

whoozzem wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:58 am Thanks for the reply, I thought PackMan would have been updated as part of the 5.24>5.27 nightly build upgrade since I thought it was a default included app.
The nightly builds do not update bundled packages. Its a long running issue that requires all the bundled software to be packaged and installed via PackMan into the master image, so they can auto-update when PackMan is first run.