ADFFS 2.15 RC

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.15 RC

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote:I'll also modify ADFFS during the week to support script overrides in !ADFFS.Obey, that will make testing easier going forward.
This is now done, the updated ADFFS module and full adffs215.zip are on the dev site.

For Zarch, create an obey file called F1040201 in !ADFFS.obey to override the Obey embedded in the JFD image. We can also use it for JFD's without Obey's embedded, to develop boot scripts.

I should probably add it doesn't need to be an Obey file either, it can be any runnable file type. I've created an Obey dir in the dev area with all the Obey files I've created, you might want to drop them into the !ADFFS.obey folder to ensure you have the latest scripts. Grab just the "17-06-13.zip" file and extract it (or name in obey in the !ADFFS folder if you have SparkPlug available) to save issues with file extensions etc.

Feel free to modify these where necessary, just let me know so I can update the master copy that I create the JFD's from.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Unless I've missed any glaring issues, I'm going to release 2.15 over the weekend. The only machine that's showing issues is the Kinetic (tested A440/1, A4000, A7000, RPC ARM710, RPC SA, Kinetic and Pi), which will take some time to diagnose. I suspect I've either hit an errata in the SA, or a quirk of the Kinetic board. I've ruled out the version of RO and we're not seeing the issue on Steve's and my other SA RPC.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

After checking back through the change log in preparation for release, I've realised the next public release was to include the VIDC1 > VIDC20 translator. Clearly we're not quite there yet, so I'll hold fire for the minute to see if we can sort out the minor issues we're seeing.