ADFFS 2.65 public beta

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.65 public beta

Post by JonAbbott »

2.65k available in the OP, with the following changes:
  • MemAlloc no longer triggers a Shy virus warning with VProtect 2.93
  • Hypervised OS_Claim, OS_AddCallBack, OS_Release, OS_RemoveTickerEvent and OS_FSControl weren't clearing down the stack before aborting with unsupported messages
  • 26bit Modules loaded under the JIT weren't setting the correct address for Module_being_inserted, causing OS_FSControl to not know which Module Initialise was running if it subsequently tries to add a Filing System (fixes SFS)
  • 26bit Modules loaded under the JIT now report the actual error if the RMA insert fails
  • *ADFScreenLoad added to work around a bug introduced in RISC OS 3.5 and to allow aliasing of *ScreenLoad when 26bit filing systems are handling GBPB
  • OS_SpriteOp 6 now ignored under the JIT (fixes Letrouve)
  • OS_FSControl now gets the DomainID of the current task before jumping into it
  • Hypervised SWI's that return errors weren't calling OS_GenerateError if the X bit was unset
  • TrackerMod updated to 5.07, it was previously setting a sample rate of 0 Hz on 8bit audio systems
  • CTRL-SHIFT-F10 wasn't saving the recording file
  • FileCore_Create now sets the DiscOp errors to be correct for the machine ADFFS is running on
  • *ADFEmulateFDC with no parameter now resets DiscOp errors to be correct for the machine ADFFS is running on
  • Workaround for background scatter list transfers not being terminated correctly by FileCore pre RISC OS 3.5 added, to prevent a FileCore lock when errors are returned
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I managed to introduce a serious bug in 2.65k which causes writes to floppies to Abort. A corrected build of 2.65k is available in the Op.
David Lowe

Post by David Lowe »

When I try to select a title from the drop down menu before imaging as JFD (using 2.65, downloaded from original post earlier this evening), I get “Not a Directory at line 300”. Same error message regardless of which game I select. No problems with 2.64 on same setup (37MB Risc PC 600, Risc OS 3.50).
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: I was testing latest 2.65K in the OP today, on the PI2.
-"Play it again Sam 3" works but Zelanities hangs after a while playing!
-"Crisis" works fine! (What a strange game... the Archie had some strange stuff going on for sure!)
-"Nevryon" now hangs after clicking start game.

Also, some games seem to go silent after a while. Pac-Mania does, for example. Keep playing for a while, and you will see it. It also happened to me with Overload.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

David Lowe wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 pm When I try to select a title from the drop down menu before imaging as JFD (using 2.65, downloaded from original post earlier this evening), I get “Not a Directory at line 300”. Same error message regardless of which game I select. No problems with 2.64 on same setup (37MB Risc PC 600, Risc OS 3.50).
!ADFFS.imaging.JFDRecord is corrupt. I've just checked the copy in the archive and it appears to be okay so try replacing the file from a fresh download.
Vanfanel wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:15 pm -"Play it again Sam 3" works but Zelanities hangs after a while playing!
I've just played it for 10 mins to level 5 without any issues. Does the original release do the same?
Vanfanel wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:15 pm -"Nevryon" now hangs after clicking start game.
I'm seeing that as well, it started with 2.65j so will investigate.
Vanfanel wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:15 pm some games seem to go silent after a while. Pac-Mania does, for example. Keep playing for a while, and you will see it. It also happened to me with Overload.
Pac-Mania is odd, channels are individually shutting off when you play but I couldn't get it to happen in demo mode, will investigate. I couldn't get Overload (Paradise) to go silent though, having played for 15 mins to level 6.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:15 pm -"Nevryon" now hangs after clicking start game.
It's a bug in its SoundSystem Module which I'll fix in the next obey.zip, for the time being add the following to the top of it's boot script (F1026101):

Code: Select all

IF ADFFS$CPUID>=&A10 THEN JITMEMORYA 1220 EF000020 EF020020 SoundSystem
It attempts a vector release that doesn't exist, which results on an error being generated. Prior to 2.65j these errors were suppressed, so went unnoticed.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:15 pm some games seem to go silent after a while. Pac-Mania does, for example. Keep playing for a while, and you will see it. It also happened to me with Overload.
See if the build on the dev server resolves the issue.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:
-Pacmania does not go silent anymore with those modules! :)

On the other side:
-Zelanities "standalone" does not work ATM, it says "I can't allocate enough memory!"
-I can't alter Nevryon on-disk-image BOOT script: Disk error 100, it says when I try to save the file.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm -Zelanities "standalone" does not work ATM, it says "I can't allocate enough memory!"
I've just put an updated obey.zip and Modules on the dev site which will fix Zelanites.
Vanfanel wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm -I can't alter Nevryon on-disk-image BOOT script: Disk error 100, it says when I try to save the file.
Wrong script, it's the ADFFS script you needed to alter. The revised script is now in the latest obey.zip, so hopefully it now works correctly.
David Lowe

Post by David Lowe »

JonAbbott wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:10 am
David Lowe wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 pm When I try to select a title from the drop down menu before imaging as JFD (using 2.65, downloaded from original post earlier this evening), I get “Not a Directory at line 300”. Same error message regardless of which game I select. No problems with 2.64 on same setup (37MB Risc PC 600, Risc OS 3.50).
!ADFFS.imaging.JFDRecord is corrupt. I've just checked the copy in the archive and it appears to be okay so try replacing the file from a fresh download.
I’ve tried that, but it looks like !ADFFS is corrupting the JFDrecord zip when accessing it...

I downloaded a fresh copy of ADFFS from the OP.

I checked I could open JFDrecord and see the recording data files OK - fine.

I then ran ADFFS and got the same error message (“Not a directory...”) as originally when I tried to select a title from the drop-down.

I then checked the JFDrecord file again and got “Not a file” when I tried to open it.

Repeated several times and got same symptoms.

I then replaced JFDrecord with the ADFS 2.64 version and got the same symptoms.

UPDATE - cured. Problem was that I was running ADFFS from a USB drive that was shared by ShareFS from my Pi. Running it from the RiscPCs own hard drive worked fine.