ADFFS 2.62 beta

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

ADFFS 2.62 beta

Post by JonAbbott »

Modules available on the dev site. A minor fix, to allow the in-game music in Wolfenstein 3D to be turned on.

If you've installed it to HD, you need a dummy !Run to avoid quit/CTRL-SHIFT-F12 exit issues. !Run needs to contain "Obey -c !Run2" and !Run2 needs to be the ADFFS boot script.

There's no further development planned at this stage, just bug fixes. Major development pending on the TO DO list:
  • Writing to unformatted sectors (JFD's mark sectors with no data as unformatted)
  • Support delta writes to JFD files (so highscores/settings etc are retained)
  • A GUI for imaging floppies as ADF or JFD
  • Allow JFD files to be saved within ADFFS
  • Support for FileCore reentry (allowing ADFFS to mount images from a physical floppy drive)
  • Remove the requirement to load floppy images into memory
  • CDROM emulation
  • JIT Wimp based app support
  • Remove dependency on SparkFS (implemented in 2.62c)
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.62 beta

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules on the dev site, which fix the flickering in both Cartoon Line pt.1 and the intro in Stunt Racer 2000.

After a comment Jeffrey Lee made about Stunt Racer 2000 letterboxing, I checked both games on an A310 and realised the blitter was unnecessarily changing the screen geometry. It should only change the geometry when HCR or VCR change, but was changing it when the visible width or height changed.

This will have some side effects. Games that alter screen geometry but don't alter the overall screen size will now have borders, BlowPipe for example.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Having the music working on Wolfenstein adds a lot to the game! :)
Tried SR2000 and Cartoon Line on Pi2 and 3, and they work great without any more flickering.
Is BlowPipe supposed to be playable now? If I don't remember wrong, it wasn't playable beyond the first stage.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:Is BlowPipe supposed to be playable now? If I don't remember wrong, it wasn't playable beyond the first stage.
I'm not sure, you'll have to test and report back. Suggest running it as follows in case it crashes:

Code: Select all

F12
GOS
ADFBootFloppy
If it does crash a screenshot of *JITSHOWREG, *SHOWREG and any error it reports will help.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: The problem with BlowPipe is that, once you get to the shop at the end of the first stage, you can not exit this shop.
I have tried clicking EXIT, the button undet EXIT, pressing keys... nothing works. You get trapped in the shop forever.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: The problem with BlowPipe is that, once you get to the shop at the end of the first stage, you can not exit this shop.
I have tried clicking EXIT, the button undet EXIT, pressing keys... nothing works. You get trapped in the shop forever.
It was fixed in 2.60, going by our previous conversation. If you watch the playthrough, at around 2:20 you can see it working, exiting the shop is at 2:57

I've not tested it with this build, but it's possible the mouse clicks occur above or below the mouse if there's a border.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: In that video I see you click UNDER the screen, not on the EXIT tab or anything visible! I have just tried and yes, I can exit that way, but is that expected?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: In that video I see you click UNDER the screen, not on the EXIT tab or anything visible! I have just tried and yes, I can exit that way, but is that expected?
It behaved the same when I tested it on a physical Arc, a bug in the game possibly?
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

If it behaves like that on Arc, then it's a bug on the game, or intentional as a copy protection. Does the manual mention that detail?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:If it behaves like that on Arc, then it's a bug on the game
I've just retested from floppies and JFD on a variety of machines...

A305 RO2 ARM2 - Cursor isn't offset
A440/1 RO3.11 ARM3 - hung at the shop
Emulated A440 RO3.11 ARM3 - Cursor isn't offset

I originally tested on an A310, where the mouse was offset. I'll investigate, it could either be a bug in the hardware cursor emulation or a reliance on RO2 behaviour that's not emulated.