ADFFS 2.61 beta

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
Vanfanel

Re: ADFFS 2.61 beta

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Magic Pockets seems to work fine, yes.
Ok, sequence 2 does not cause the mouse to go havoc. Any other ideas?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Rules out the JIT startup/shutdown and the blitter, the only other test I can think of is to try a game you can quit, without pressing CTRL-SHIFT-F12.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Quitting without CTRL+SHIFT+F12 does not cause the issue. For example, Dark Wood can be quit that way.
Also, you say Lemmings 2 is broken, but it's working here. On what hardware is it supposed to be broken?

EDIT: Elite is still working, I don't know why it wasn't working for me before... Maybe I ran it after another game. But it's working fine except for CTRL+SHIFT+F12 quitting.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

So DarkWood quit via CTRL-SHIFT-F12 does cause mouse issues?

Neither Lemmings 2 or Magic Pockets work for me, I'll try updating the OS as it's a Dec 2016 build.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: DarkWood via CTRL-SHIFT-F12 causes the mouse issues, yes. Normal exiting does not.
Lemmings 2, Magic Pockets and Elite all work here (Pi1 ATM). I am using latest WIP ROM.

EDIT: If I run any ADFFS game before ELITE (without rebooting between them), ELITE does NOT work (it says "Internal error, no stack for trap handler: Internal error: undefined instruction at &FC0118C8, pc=000000000: registers at 00065B1C").
However, ELITE always works if I run it without running any games before it.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:DarkWood via CTRL-SHIFT-F12 causes the mouse issues
Must be something that's being reset when terminating an app then, I'll look at the code over the weekend and give you some more tests to perform.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Please stop testing the mouse problems... I have detected some underpower issues today on my Pi (warnings), so that could be the cause. I will get a better PSU and come back again to tell you if the issues are gone. I don't want you to waste your dev time on this, ADFFS is very valuable to me.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:I have detected some underpower issues today on my Pi (warnings), so that could be the cause
Did you resolve your power issues?

Rockfall displays a blank screen under the latest build, the VIDC type 3 support is causing issues again. I'm somewhat confused by that as Rockfall writes directly to the VIDC registers, so my guess is GraphicsV is raising a type 3 when it switches GPU resolutions.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: In the end, it wasn't power-related at all. With a new charger (2.1A, stable voltage, no Pi overclocking or overvolting) mouse still moves by itself after I quit an ADFFS game. No matter I kill the modules, etc.

EDIT: Got myself a 2.5A charger, and the mouse issues after ADFFS games are GONE! Issue solved, Jon. It WAS a power issue after all... :lol:
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Not enough pixies then. ADFFS uses parts of the CPU that don't normally see much action.

USB was probably suffering a power droop, which in turn affected the mouse receiver.