ADFFS 2.61 beta

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.61 beta

Post by JonAbbott »

Hmm, I have no idea why that would happen.

Stop testing for the time being. I've been trying to resolve the issue raised in Emotions - Search for Humanity and can't figure out why it fails...mind you I'm not even sure I know how it's supposed to actually work in the first place. I'm going to go back to the drawing board with BASIC, as running a 26bit version of the BASIC Module is having some odd side effects and is made more complicated by it having it's own text translation Module.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules and obey.zip on the dev site, I've backed out the BASIC changes for the time being.

I've added a script for the HD install of Stunt Racer 2000 [SA version] and believe I've resolved the issues in Asylum.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:
-DUNE II works again with no problems!
-Cannon Fodder works again with no problems!

I will do further testing this weekend.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules and obey.zip on the dev site.

I've updated the DarkWood (F1010401) script, as I noticed it was crashing when moving between areas. I've also relocated the Gouraud shading data table out of the code, so its not generating several million Aborts/sec; this gets it running full speed on a Pi1, even when configured for Multisync mode (320x480)
Vanfanel wrote:I will do further testing this weekend.
There's no need at the moment, I've rolled back the code we were testing.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: I have carefully tried to follow the instructions for installing the Stunt Race 2000 SA VERSION, but I get this:

Aodt Error - 01A00964

It's shown on a nice, TRON-like font.

The "normal" Archimedes version does install and runs fine (except for some flickering on the tittle screen scaling effect, etc).
This is all on Pi1.

Also, how to install Chock's Away? After installing, ADFMount-ing the 1st disk on the !Run script, etc.. it still asks for the second disk before the menu.
I have copied the !Maps, !BlackBox and !BlackBox2 dirs inside !Chocks.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:Aodt Error - 01A00964
Try changing the line "ECHO <17><0>" to "ECHO <17><0><22><12>" in the script.
Vanfanel wrote:Also, how to install Chock's Away? After installing, ADFMount-ing the 1st disk on the !Run script, etc.. it still asks for the second disk before the menu.
Chocks Away is floppy only, its full of hardcoded ADFS::0 paths. I've not got around to looking at the Compendium version yet, which may be HD installable.

EDIT: Seems I also had a typo in DarkWood that was causing Medium quality to go horribly wrong. I've updated obey.zip with the corrected versions of both scripts.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip and floppy image of Chocks Away Compendium [SA version] on the dev site if you want to give it a try. I didn't play test it but did check you got into the plane, could return to the menu (Q+F12) and could then quit.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:
-Chocks Away Compendium [SA version] is installable and works OK!
-Stunt Race 2000 [SA VERSION] installation works ok with that line change in the !Run script, but it causes an error on exit with SHIFT+F12 (data transfer...)
It also happens with "normal" version of Stunt Racer 2000.
-There's something that's not clear after exiting "Dark Wood" via CTRL+SHIFT+F12: trying to play SR2000 after exiting "Dark Wood" causes self-moving cursor or script errors... (I updated "Dark Wood" !Run to the latest version in today's obey).
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Thanks for the info, I've added those three to the CTRL-SHIFT-F12 issues list.

Not sure if you're read the manual for DarkWood, but it only saves progress if you press CTRL-ESC to go back to the main menu. Continue then resumes the game the next time you load.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip on the dev site, which gets the following working:

F1005601 Break 147 & Superpool (1991) (The Fourth Dimension) (HD install only)
F10266o1 OddBall (1995) (Digital Psychosis)

There's HD install instructions in the boot script for Break 147.