ADFFS 2.61 beta

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
Vanfanel

Re: ADFFS 2.61 beta

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Is it time to start re-testing the games?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

It is, if you list the ones you've tested I'll create a master list in the OP.

If you find any that don't quit cleanly via CTRL-SHIFT-F12, make a note and I'll see if I can resolve them, there's bound to be a few. I found one last night, but can't remember which (Morph possibly), I'll upload the updated obey.zip when I get home.

EDIT: It was Asylum, but I won't bother uploading an updated obey.zip as there are other issues with this title I need to resolve
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated build (2.61e) on the dev site. I forgot to reset the file vectors when it loads the localized BASIC Module, which would cause a crash with The Fourth Dimension protection.

There's still a problem however, as Stunt Racer is crashing after into intro sequence.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:

-Dune II is crashing again if trying to skip the intro.
-Cannon Fodder is crashing after the briefing screen.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Dune II is crashing again if trying to skip the intro.
The issue is a mismatch between the tokenised Messages file that RO3.71's BASICTrans expects and what's stored in Resources:Resources.BASIC.Messages. I did attempt to bundle the RO3.71 messages file with it yesterday, but it was just producing rubbish - I'm not sure why and can only guess the structure of Messages files has changed.

Hold off on testing, whilst I try to figure out a workaround.
Vanfanel wrote:-Cannon Fodder is crashing after the briefing screen.
I can't get this one to crash, I've tested both floppy and harddisc installs. If you're testing from harddisc, see if the Boot script has been updated...same goes for all other games run from harddisc installs.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote:The issue is a mismatch between the tokenised Messages file that RO3.71's BASICTrans expects and what's stored in Resources:Resources.BASIC.Messages.
Try the latest ZIP, hopefully it will fix the Messages issue that's causing Dune II's intro to crash. If it does, you can resume testing.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules on the dev site. Whilst diagnosing Dune II's problem, I surreptitiously found the cause of BASIC generating an Abort when it exits back to the OS, which I've now fixed.

ie. The following sequence would previously generate an Abort and shutdown the JIT:

Code: Select all

GOARM3JIT 0
GOS
BASIC
QUIT
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Dune II now shows a black screen and nothing more.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

At what point do you see the blank screen? Before the Intro or after? If after, what key are you pressing to skip it?
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon
Black screen before the intro. There's no intro anymore, just a black screen.