ADFFS 2.40

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

ADFFS 2.40

Post by JonAbbott »

2.40 is on the dev site for internal testing.

In an attempt to get Cannon Fodder working, 2.40 now hypervises both Sound_Configure and Sound_InstallVoice and any code hanging off them now goes through the JIT and the entry/exit is managed within the 32mb boundary. I documented the SWI's on ROOL whilst I was at it.

Initially this broke Conqueror, which I've just fixed and have confirmed sound effects are now working. Cannon Fodder still doesn't work through, so more investigation required.
Vanfanel

Re: ADFFS 2.40

Post by Vanfanel »

TEST RESULTS WITH LATEST DEV VERSION

-Pacmania doesn't work anymore. Shows black screen! No debug info visible.
-Humanodis (From H&R) shows double-screen. I suspect a video mode problem.
-Revolver hangs as soon as mouse button is pressed. It only shows tittle screen and then hangs if no button is pressed.
-Freddy's Folly doesn't work at all. Abort counter stays at zero and it shows a black screen with a blinking cursor.
-Jet Fighter shows "internal error: abort on data transfer at &FC268C18" and causes ADFFS to exit.

The rest of the games marked as compatible so far seem to be working as before (I have to finish testing all of them).
Last edited by Vanfanel on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tlsa1

Post by tlsa1 »

I'm not sure how to access the dev site.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:Magic Pockets still has problems loading if mouse is clicked too soon
I've yet to look at it.
Vanfanel wrote:Humanoids (From H&R) shows double-screen.
There's no boot script for it, you'll need to turn screen remapping on to fix the 4bit MODE. As there's two games on the floppy, you'll probably want to make the Boot script show a menu. The boot script can be Obey, BASIC or Absolute, so the World's your Oyster.
tlsa1 wrote:I'm not sure how to access the dev site.
It's internal only, as soon as we have some more games working I'll release another beta.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Sound_InstallVoice is causing 2067BC to crash during it's setup phase. The Voice Generators seem to be missing an entry point, so where there should be a pointer to a voice name, there's an instruction. I suspect it not an issue for RISC OS until you try to list the voice names, but it's a bit of a headache for us!
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote:
Vanfanel wrote:Magic Pockets still has problems loading if mouse is clicked too soon
I've yet to look at it.
I think I've fixed this, if you'd like to try and break the latest dev build.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote:Cannon Fodder still doesn't work .. more investigation required.
It was claiming IRQ1V and exiting via LDR PC, ... which would end up at a random location. After adding fixups it now gets to the disc 2 prompt before crashing :(
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

I've updated test results for this version. I had no time to experiment with scripts yet.
Look at the second post.
The results there will be updated for each dev version you upload.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Pacmania doesn't work anymore. Shows black screen! No debug info visible.
-Revolver hangs as soon as mouse button is pressed. It only shows tittle screen and then hangs if no button is pressed.
-Freddy's Folly doesn't work at all. Abort counter stays at zero and it shows a black screen with a blinking cursor.
-Jet Fighter shows "internal error: abort on data transfer at &FC268C18" and causes ADFFS to exit.

The rest of the games marked as compatible so far seem to be working as before (I have to finish testing all of them).
Don't waste any more time on testing until I can fix these. Changing two instructions shouldn't cause so many games to fail, so I may have to roll back the changes and start again.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Pacmania doesn't work anymore. Shows black screen! No debug info visible.
I've rolled back the change that caused this and have confirmed they're now working again, its on the dev site. This shouldn't affect the fix for Magic Pockets - the issue there appeared to be a VSync occuring whilst GraphicsV 2 was changing MODE. I wasn't expecting IRQ's to be enabled during GraphicsV 2 as it's remapping memory, so to workaround this it now pauses the blitter until the GraphicsV 2 call has completed.

I've also improved the 50hz check. If it sees anything less than 50hz, it retries the vsync count until it sees 49hz or above. 49-51hz are treated as 50hz and shutdown the internal VSync generator, anything else is taken as literal and leave the internal VSync generator running.

Unimplemented features are now reported, so no need to look for ADFF5xxx in R14. It will report the ADFF5xxx number and a description of what's unimplemented.