ADFFS 2.29 beta

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.29 beta

Post by JonAbbott »

I've spent a frustrating two days debugging Chuck Rock, Conqueror and Magic Pockets and finally tracked the problem with Conqueror down to not stacking a hypervised exit address when an interrupt is called. Unfortunately, that doesn't fix Chuck Rock or Magic Pockets.

I'll upload a new version once I've done further testing.
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.29 beta

Post by JonAbbott »

PSR hell would sum up today. Whilst trying to get Fire & Ice working on StrongARM, I realised most hypervised SWI's weren't passing though flags. To correct that, I had to modify the SWI entry/exit veneer. Of course, nothing worked after that so I then had to debug to pin the problems down.

StrongARM is working okay now, I'm currently testing on ARM3. Terramex is refusing to work on the Pi, I know it's a problem with a hypervised SWI call, so as soon as I have that fixed I'll up the next beta.

Fire & Ice is an odd one, it works on StrongARM up until it loads the map at the bottom of the screen. At that point, the legacy screen memory magically disappears. It's there before it calls the function to load the file and gone after and yet it's already called the function four times for the loader screens. What confuses me is how it works on RO3.7 native, as it loads the file to a hardcoded address that's a legacy address. It's clearly an issue with the JIT as it works when run natively.