Problem with imaging

Discuss ADFFS development and download test releases
JonAbbott

Re: Problem with imaging

Post by JonAbbott »

Your WindowManager Module needs updating, the current version is 5.59 which you can get from "System resources" download on ROOL. I suspect you can go back to your bare-bones boot sequence if you load that and possibly a few other key Module updates.
Acorn72

Post by Acorn72 »

JonAbbott wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:31 pm Your WindowManager Module needs updating, the current version is 5.59 which you can get from "System resources" download on ROOL. I suspect you can go back to your bare-bones boot sequence if you load that and possibly a few other key Module updates.
Hi there, I too am having the same issue as the op. When I open the Jfd imaging screen the window displaying the list of games is a long vertical strip.

I have downloaded the system resources file as indicated but am struggling to know what I’m supposed to do next (I have an A3010 which is a new machine to me and just starting to get to know Risc Os)

My WindowManager module is also v3.16

Many thanks for any help
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Acorn72 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:38 pm I have downloaded the system resources file as indicated but am struggling to know what I’m supposed to do next
From memory there's a SysMerge script in the ZIP that you need to run
Acorn72 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:38 pm I have an A3010
Has it been upgraded to 4MB? A stock A3010 will not have enough RAM to image to JFD, which needs around 1600KB of free memory with !SparkFS running.
Acorn72

Post by Acorn72 »

JonAbbott wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:43 am
Acorn72 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:38 pm I have downloaded the system resources file as indicated but am struggling to know what I’m supposed to do next
From memory there's a SysMerge script in the ZIP that you need to run
Acorn72 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:38 pm I have an A3010
Has it been upgraded to 4MB? A stock A3010 will not have enough RAM to image to JFD, which needs around 1600KB of free memory with !SparkFS running.
Hi Jon, thank you for the reply

Yes the A3010 has 4mb memory and a hard drive, ok I will get the zip file onto the machine and run the sysmerge file.

Will this automatically overwrite the current windows manager module or will it have to be unplugged?

Cheers

Paul
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Acorn72 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:15 am Will this automatically overwrite the current windows manager module or will it have to be unplugged?
It will merge the files from the ZIP into !Boot.!System, updating any old versions in the process.

Provided your !Boot folder is up to date, it should load any newer Modules into RAM during boot, replacing the ROM versions.

If that doesn’t work, or you find the boot sequence is taking up too much RAM, hold SHIFT at power on to bypass !Boot. Once at the supervisor prompt (shift F12 twice if you’re at the desktop), *RMload the updated Wimp Module and then use *Desktop to get back into the Wimp.
Acorn72

Post by Acorn72 »

JonAbbott wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:51 am
Acorn72 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:15 am Will this automatically overwrite the current windows manager module or will it have to be unplugged?
It will merge the files from the ZIP into !Boot.!System, updating any old versions in the process.

Provided your !Boot folder is up to date, it should load any newer Modules into RAM during boot, replacing the ROM versions.

If that doesn’t work, or you find the boot sequence is taking up too much RAM, hold SHIFT at power on to bypass !Boot. Once at the supervisor prompt (shift F12 twice if you’re at the desktop), *RMload the updated Wimp Module and then use *Desktop to get back into the Wimp.
Ok Jon that’s great, I will get all the necessary files and see what happens!

I will report back (hopefully with success!)

Cheers