ADFFS future feature testing

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS future feature testing

Post by JonAbbott »

We're almost out of games to get working. Ones that are left, that don't require CDROM emulation or Wimp support are:

Cyborg
Fugatives Quest
Global Effect
Hermes
Mah-Jong Patience
Master Break
Memory Magic
MicroDrive World Edition
Money Chaser
Omar Sharif's Bridge
Plague Planet
Premier Manager
Put It!
Scrabble
SpySnatcher

Any priority ones there you want me to look at first?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules, obey.zip and floppy images of Brutal Horse Power on the dev site. Boot disc 1 to install it to HD, then replace !Run with F1044303, finally copy the disc 1 image as F1044301 into the !BHP folder.

I've test played one race on Pi3, which appears to work.

There's also a floppy image of UIM which I've quickly tested on Pi3.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: I would like to suggest some games, but I don't really know these in the list...
I love platform games and RPGs, since I am an Amiga user. So anything with catchy MOD music or dungeons and overworlds to explore fits my tastes :D
I have some testing pending.. will try to do it before weekend!
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:I love platform games and RPGs, since I am an Amiga user. So anything with catchy MOD music or dungeons and overworlds to explore fits my tastes :D
I think we've done them all.

365 unique commercial titles came out for the Arc, 183 of them are now running on the Pi. Of those that are left, 37 require Wimp support, 13 require CDROM support. That leaves 135 we could get running, 85 are missing, leaving 50. Of the 50, some will be of little interest to people as they're not games as such...Flight Sim Toolkit, 3D Construction set etc. And some have more than one game per floppy, which can't currently be booted without adding some sort of menu system. What we're left with, is the list above :D
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip and floppy image of Cycloids on the dev site, it appears to work okay on Pi3.
andretim

Post by andretim »

Well, Jon if you get bored, after games, you could always try to get demos running on the Pi. ;)
Actually, I am curious to see one of the iron Dignity demos running on the Pi.
andretim

Post by andretim »

Played a little with Bambuzzle on 2.60RC1, the game freezes when time is out.

Edit: always forgot to mention I use a Pi3 OS 5.23 (07-Oct-16)

Edit2: other game "Birds of War"
Start the game, on request of disc 'BOWSound' Ctrl+Shift+2 (I didn't know if it was the correct one) the press space. => Filecore in use.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

andretim wrote:Played a little with Bambuzzle on 2.60RC1, the game freezes when time is out.
Must be a regression as this was working, I'll roll back the code and figure out what the root cause is tomorrow.
andretim wrote:"Birds of War" - Start the game, on request of disc 'BOWSound' Ctrl+Shift+2 (I didn't know if it was the correct one) the press space. => Filecore in use.
Update the Modules to the latest build, as I fixed the FileCore issue yesterday. You'll probably want to install this one to HD once you've confirmed it is fixed, as it disc swaps quite a lot.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: "The Crystal Maze" now works from floppy. Maybe something I was doing wrong. Where can I find the complete package? Can't get past protection.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: "The Crystal Maze" now works from floppy. Maybe something I was doing wrong. Where can I find the complete package? Can't get past protection.
In the /archive folder.