ADFFS future feature testing

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.60 testing

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: Yes, I did the test with my usual 50Hz setup. I can re-test all those with a 60Hz videomode, give me a couple of days.
That would be helpful, as I'm in/out of hospital over the next two weeks.
-Top Banana: Works but character movement is strange, seems to be duplicating frames. (SAME PROBLEM on 2.59 TOO)
If you update obey.zip this should be fixed.

EDIT: Blitz! doesn't work with PLL VSync - I've added it to your list.
EDIT2: Quark randomly crashes after swapping discs and pressing ESC - I've added it to your list.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: I have just finished re-testing all the games in the list. Saw no compatibility changes with a 60Hz video mode.
Added some notes about games that don't quit well via CTRL+SHIFT+F12, not related to video mode in use.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: I have just finished re-testing all the games in the list. Saw no compatibility changes with a 60Hz video mode.
Added some notes about games that don't quit well via CTRL+SHIFT+F12, not related to video mode in use.
Thanks, good to know. Yep, I do need to investigate the games that fail to quit via CTRL-SHIFT-F12 cleanly at some stage.

Whilst recording YouTube videos this morning, I spotted a few issues. PowerBand was crashing within seconds on my Pi2, I've just uploaded updated Modules which fix this. There's another issue though, if you playtest it long enough the framerate slows to a crawl.

Super Snail was also crashing on Pi2, although I've play tested it for 15+mins on the Pi3 and can't get it to crash.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip on the dev site, that fixes the sound in Alerion
-Blowpipe: Works but can't exit the shop after first phase (known bug).
This is the disc protection failing, although at this stage I'm unsure if its the disc image or a bug. The disc recording does contain the protection sector, but may have imaged incorrectly. I'll image it with the Kryoflux and see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT: There's no problem with the BlowPipe disc image. The problem is being cause by the introduction of SWI error pointer validation to RO5, which is reporting FileCore_DiscOp disc errors as invalid error pointers.

FileCore_DiscOp returns an error number, which is translated into the disc sector and error type before ADFS exits. BlowPipe checks for a specific DiscOp CRC error, but error pointer validation is returning an "SWI ... has returned an invalid error pointer" error, before the error number is handed back to ADFS to translate to an error pointer/description.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: The Dungeon is crashing now on the tittle screen.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip on the dev site, which fixes the audio in Pysanki
Vanfanel wrote:The Dungeon is crashing now on the tittle screen.
Looks like ADFFS is crashing, I'll investigate.

EDIT: Should be fixed with the latest Modules
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon:
-The Dungeon works again
-Simon The Sorcerer is failing: Abort on Data Transfer at &0123431DC
-Magnetoids does not exit clearly
-Rick Dangerous seems to exit cleary, but it leaves the mouse cursor in a state that it moves by itself.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Magnetoids does not exit clearly
-Rick Dangerous seems to exit cleary, but it leaves the mouse cursor in a state that it moves by itself.
Add a section to your post, detailing the ones that don't quit correctly. I noted quite a few of them in the 2.59 testing.

Although I fixed the music in Pysanki, the PLL VSync is causing the music timing to slow down/speed up randomly.

Simon the Sorcerer - I was about to do the YouTube video of it, so will take a look.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: I have moved the games that fail to quit clearly via CTRL+F12 to their own list.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Simon The Sorcerer is failing: Abort on Data Transfer at &0123431DC
I fixed a bug, where it wasn't clearing down CallBacks after they occurred - its this that's breaking the game. I'm investigating why.

EDIT: Hopefully now fixed with today's Modules