ADFFS future feature testing

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
Vanfanel

Re: ADFFS future feature testing

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Quark seems to play nicely on the Pi.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules and obey.zip on the dev site, which resolve the scrolling issue in Grievous Bodily 'ARM. I've yet to sort out the floppy images of the original release, but at least the one we currently have does now scroll correctly.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Grevious Bodily now scrolls PERFECT on the Pi at 50Hz! Great! :D
Two suggestions:
-Any chances for Iron Lord to work? It's a great game!
-What about trackers themselves? I don't mean the modules which already work for the most part, but actual trackers. Are these supposed to work?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: Grevious Bodily now scrolls PERFECT on the Pi at 50Hz! Great! :D
Three days of my life I won't be getting back! That was a mission and a half figuring out what the issues were.
Vanfanel wrote:Any chances for Iron Lord to work? It's a great game!
If I had either the original or an good image I would. I imaged it at the Centre for Computing History back in 2013, but it looks like the floppy was damaged. I'll see if its recoverable.
Vanfanel wrote:-What about trackers themselves? I don't mean the modules which already work for the most part, but actual trackers. Are these supposed to work?
In theory the non-desktop ones should work. You'll have to try them, just add GOARM3JIT 0 / GOARM3JIT to the start and end of their !Run.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: the non-desktop ones in the dev site, for example? Like which ones? I only know AMiga trackers to be honest. I would like to start with Risc OS ones.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:Any chances for Iron Lord to work? It's a great game!
I've hashed together a possibly working copy from several floppy images, it will need a playthrough to confirm it's okay. There's also an updated obey.zip to accompany it on the dev site.
Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: the non-desktop ones in the dev site, for example?
There aren't any trackers on the dev site (other than DTT, which I was using to compare with DTT2QTM), the TrackerModules folder contains the source for the tracker Modules that come with ADFFS.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@jon: Iron Lord works great, thanks! I will play it further and look for problems, but so far it looks perfectly good to me.

Regarding trackers, I have tried Coconizer and after adding GOARM3JIT to it's !Run script, I get "mode123 is not 32bit compatible" error.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:I have tried Coconizer and after adding GOARM3JIT to it's !Run script, I get "mode123 is not 32bit compatible" error.
You need:

Code: Select all

GOARM3JIT 0
<original script>
GOARM3JIT
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Did as you said. It doesn't give any errors anymore, but the program doesn't come up either.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

-Blast On: Black screen upon launch.
-Quark: Crashes after swapping discs and pressing ESC to continue
-HeroQuest (running James Pond after running HeroQuest hangs James Pond on a black screen.
These are fixed with today's Modules.
-Aggressor (Desktop corrupt after quit)
-Blood Sport (Desktop corrupt after quit)
-Confusion (Corrupt title screen)
-Magnetoids (Doesn't show the "press space or mouse key to continue" prompt)
These are fixed with today's obey.zip
-Alone in the Dark: Hangs with error before protection, while passing the credits book pages.
Could you please retest this, it may have been resolved a few weeks ago.
-Oh No More Lemmings (Hangs on exit)
-Rick Dangerous (seems to exit cleanly, but leaves the mouse cursor in a state that it moves by itself).
-Technodream (Hangs on exit)
I've been unable to reproduce these, could you please retest. Make sure you're using the latest floppy image of Oh No More Lemmings, as it was reimaged last month.

Floppy images of Logic Mania are up on the dev site, of the four games, Blindfold, Gloop and Tilt work, although Tilt does have a font palette issue. I've seen this issue previously when converting SunBurst, but never got to the bottom of why it works on RO3.x but not RO5.