ADFFS 2.58 beta

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
Vanfanel

Re: ADFFS 2.58 beta

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Yes, sorry, arrow up makes the car accelerate and the game actually moves... slowly :D I see what you mean with unplayable when I increase the frame rate...
So, well, FormulaFun works on the Pi!

Cartoon Line also works well, but I don't know what to do: I can move left and right, but ENTER will make the character scratch his head and nothing more :D
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:Cartoon Line also works well, but I don't know what to do: I can move left and right, but ENTER will make the character scratch his head and nothing more :D
The intro made me chuckle, because there's no way this game would either get a good review or get in the charts :lol:

Lifdeth junction:
Snake: Walk toward it spamming ENTER to strangle it
Scorpion: Walk toward it spamming ENTER to squish it
Indian Archer: Walk to the right and hold DOWN when at the right of the screen to duck below the arrows
Indian with Axe: Walk toward him and press ENTER to pull a pistol and shoot him
Bison: No idea
Bird: No idea
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I've uploaded floppy images of Rise in Crime and Stranded! along with obey.zip to the dev site. Both are graphical adventures by Robico and haven't been checked on the Pi, although they're working on RO5/SA under emulation.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Stranded works on the Pi, but graphics seem strange... very pink. Is the font supposed to be pink? Maybe it's a palette problem. Or maybe how the game looks.

The same is true for Rise in Crime: the first room picture is all pink and green, and compressed on the left side of the screen. I smell a bpp problem here...
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I've uploaded floppy images of Mirror Image and Merp along with obey.zip to the dev site. Both are untested on the Pi, although I don't expect either to work.
Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: Stranded works on the Pi, but graphics seem strange...
Try with the latest obey.zip
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon, I have been testing these on the Pi:

-Mirror Image almost works: it hangs as soon as you enter the first stage.
-Merp works... or so it seems: I am not sure what one must do with that blue ball moving around like crazy. Nice trance music: noticed samples from Bomb The Bass's "Megablast".
-Stranded and Rise In Crime are stilll showind the same color problems.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Mirror Image almost works: it hangs as soon as you enter the first stage.
Today's obey.zip hopefully fixes this.
Vanfanel wrote:-Merp works... or so it seems: I am not sure what one must do with that blue ball moving around like crazy. Nice trance music: noticed samples from Bomb The Bass's "Megablast".
It's capture the flag as far as I can tell.
Vanfanel wrote:-Stranded and Rise In Crime are stilll showind the same color problems.
Both games use *SCREENLOAD to load the graphics, which seems intent on going to MODE 15 instead of MODE 12. I'll have to look at the OS source is to figure out why it's going into the wrong MODE.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote:
Vanfanel wrote:-Stranded and Rise In Crime are stilll showind the same color problems.
Both games use *SCREENLOAD to load the graphics, which seems intent on going to MODE 15 instead of MODE 12. I'll have to look at the OS source is to figure out why it's going into the wrong MODE.
A combination of a change in RISCOS OS_SpriteOp 3 behaviour and a bug in ADFFS was causing RISC OS to never try going into MODE 12. Should be fixed in today's Module.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip on the dev site with a boot script for Bambuzle. It appears to be okay on the Pi.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon, with latest obey and module, on the Pi and 50Hz:
-Stranded! and Rise in Crime now work and look great, no more bpp problems :)
-Mirror Image indeed works now, too!
-Bambuzle works perfectly too!