ADFFS 2.58 beta

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
JonAbbott

ADFFS 2.58 beta

Post by JonAbbott »

I believe I've fixed the bugs that were causing Codelet reuse to fail and have just uploaded Modules to the dev site with it enabled, to date it's been disabled in all builds.
Vanfanel

Re: ADFFS 2.58 beta

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: I have tested the latest modules/obey, and I can get into the tavern in Simon, but a full play will have to wait.
-Kaptain Konflict has a small problem in keys setup, as it detects the mouse click to enter the keys configuration as F10, so UP is always F10.
-Graphics in FRED are corrupt: all tiles are wrong. The main character graphic has some corrupt frames too.

I am going away from the city for the rest of the month, so I will go back to testing when I am back (can't test anything while living in the middle of the forest!).
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: I have tested the latest modules/obey, and I can get into the tavern in Simon, but a full play will have to wait.
Yes...I couldn't face doing a playthrough either, although it might be worth recording for YouTube.
Vanfanel wrote:-Kaptain Konflict has a small problem in keys setup, as it detects the mouse click to enter the keys configuration as F10, so UP is always F10.
I'm aware of this although haven't looked at fixing it yet. It's a common problem where games don't implement key debounce.
Vanfanel wrote:-Graphics in FRED are corrupt: all tiles are wrong. The main character graphic has some corrupt frames too.
Indeed, rather comical I thought :lol: possibly elevated code, I've yet to look at it.
Vanfanel wrote:I am going away from the city for the rest of the month, so I will go back to testing when I am back (can't test anything while living in the middle of the forest!).
Nice, enjoy your break. I'm not planning on doing any changes, just bug fixes, getting more games working and packaging.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Graphics in FRED are corrupt: all tiles are wrong. The main character graphic has some corrupt frames too.
If you load the 32bit version of ArcFS, prior to booting FRED it works okay.

ADFFS doesn't currently support File Systems, so where FRED loads a 26bit version of ArcFS, ArcFS doesn't then get called to decode the files. I'm considering the best way to add support for them.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I've uploaded the floppy image of Chequered Flag [RO3 version] onto the dev site. The latest obey.zip and Modules get it working - fixed a bug in the CallBack handler that was causing it to crash and corrected an issue with the Boot script.

In a word....REVS! A / Z to change gear, Mouse to steer and E to start the Engine, you have to redline it before going into 1st otherwise it will stall. Brakes are configurable between the middle mouse button and pulling down on the mouse.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I've uploaded the floppy image of BlastOn (Eterna) to the dev site, which I've reconstructed with help from Xavier to combine sectors from his copy with mine. It has some speed issues (the wait loop on the logo screen is too short, as is "GET READY") and I've yet to get it working on RO3.11, so it's work in progress. It appears to work on the Pi, although due to five sectors that were damaged on both copies, I can't be certain it won't fail at some point.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

Hello again, Jon!
Back from the wilderness for a week, I have been testing the latest modules and obey, and REVS (AKA Chequered Flag!) works fine here on the Pi.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

By the way, Jon: have you tried this? -->

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 5&p=911116

Awesome thing, really! It makes the background noise on the Pi to go COMPLETELY away. You need to update start.elf and fixup.dat from an updated Raspbian system to the Risc OS boot partition, and adding that line to config.txt, but it works on Risc OS too!!!

EDIT: May I save you some work and upload the needed files to the dev site, in case you don't have an updated raspbian at hand?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I use audio via HDMI so have never had a problem with the sound output.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: BlastOn shows a black screen on the Pi. The disk image only seems to contain a single script file.. is that allright?