ADFFS 2.58 beta

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
Vanfanel

Re: ADFFS 2.58 beta

Post by Vanfanel »

ArcPinball works on the Pi, however I have spotted some regressions:
-Overload hangs on the loading screen again with loading music playing.
-Automatic mouse movement is back in Burn'Out
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Update obey.zip on the dev site, which hopefully gets Chocks Away working. I've not tested it beyond loading to the title page.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Chocks Away on the Pi boots, but it's unplayable.
-Mission Disk promt is almost inivisible. It appears on screen flashing briefly every 4-5 secs.
-You can't click options on the menu.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Overload hangs on the loading screen again with loading music playing.
This broke at 2.58e
Inferno (stuck on loading screen - regression as Pi1 has the same problem)
This broke at 2.57j
Vanfanel wrote:-Automatic mouse movement is back in Burn'Out
I've tested on m Pi and Pi3 and neither exhibit the problem. I'm using the 24th Aug 2016 build if it makes any difference.
Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: Chocks Away on the Pi boots, but it's unplayable.
-Mission Disk promt is almost inivisible. It appears on screen flashing briefly every 4-5 secs.
-You can't click options on the menu.
Bizarre, it was working when I tested it and now I see the same issue as you :roll:

I'm investigating all three issues.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote:
Vanfanel wrote:-Overload hangs on the loading screen again with loading music playing.
This broke at 2.58e
I fixed it slightly later and it broke in 2.58p due to:
There's a slim possibility it could affect some games as it no longer changes MODE or the size of DA2 when the JIT is started.
However, it should be working so I need to investigate why its failing.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@jon: I updated to the latest Risc OS ROM and now strange mouse movement in Burn Out is gone, so don't worry about it. (The game could use some speed regulation anyway, it's unplayably fast even on Pi1).
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:I updated to the latest Risc OS ROM and now strange mouse movement in Burn Out is gone, so don't worry about it. (The game could use some speed regulation anyway, it's unplayably fast even on Pi1).
If you recall, the movement was being caused by it's Joystick detection thinking there was a Joystick attached. The only way that would happen now is if there were memory mapped within the range 3200000-33FFFFF. There shouldn't be however, as the WimpSlot is set to 1F08000, allowing screen memory to be mapped below and above 2000000 and the IOC, MEMC and VIDC1 / VIDC20 areas to generate aborts when accessed.

It does regulate its speed, but seems to have some issues. I'll take a look once I've resolved the regressions.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip and Modules on the dev site, which hopefully gets the following working on Pi3:

Inertia
Fish!
Inferno
Overload (Paradise)

Chocks Away is now working, although has some speed issues. I've not tried forcing it to 25fps yet, to see if that fixes them. Seems a shame to slow it down as flying around at 50fps is really smooth.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Chocks Away is doing something very strange on the Pi1: trying to load it now results in display being turned off, and my monitor goes into powersaving mode because there's no video signal. :O
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: Chocks Away is doing something very strange on the Pi1: trying to load it now results in display being turned off, and my monitor goes into powersaving mode because there's no video signal. :O
Fixed a few bugs, hopefully now fixed with today's obey.zip and Modules.