ADFFS 2.58 beta

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.58 beta

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated Modules and obey.zip to get Command Ship working. Fixed a bug to get it working, the encoding of STR PC,[Rn... was corrupting R0.

There's at least one page zero bug I need to look into and there's an issue when you start the initial level, where the ship sprite plotting is a slideshow. It looks like the sprite scaler is using self-modifying code which is continually reencoding.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip and floppy image of BloodLust are on the dev site, I've not tested it on the Pi. Keys are Z, X, SPACE and the mouse to aim and fire.

EDIT: I've now tested on the Pi, but unfortunately it's quitting shortly after starting the game.
EDIT2: Fixed with the latest modules, had to fix a bug in Sound_InstallVoice
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip on the dev site, which gets Cyber Ape working.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip, Modules and floppy images of the following games uploaded to the dev site, all work on the Pi:

Silver Ball
Super Snail
Rekall
Groundhog
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip on the dev site, which gets Top Banana working.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Updated obey.zip on the dev site, which gets Quark working. There may still be some sound issues, as I've not got it working correctly on RO3.5-3.71 yet. Keys are rather odd:

After inserting disk 2, you need to press ESC. Press right CTRL to get to the title page where F8 starts the game.

ps Since rebuilding this site to the latest Linux build, it's flaky as hell - the HD keeps going offline. I've restarted it twice this morning, so if you see it's reporting Apache errors, that will be why. I'm rebooting when I notice, until I find a fix.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@jon:

-Quark works on the Pi.
-Top Banana works on the Pi. I remember this one on the Amiga, I think I had it with several other games in a collection.. holy smokes, what a strange game!
-Silver Ball works on the Pi.
-Super Snail works on the Pi. Wow, what a tracker music and crazy fast plataformer with a.. snail! :D
-Rekall works on the Pi.
-Groundhog works on the Pi.
-Cyber Ape works on the Pi.
-BloodLust works on the Pi.
-Command Ship works on the Pi.

and...

-Cobalt Seed works on the Pi!! I have installed this one: it looks and sounds SO awesome!

-Overload seems to have stopped working: it stays on the loaing screen forever. Nice music playing, color bars moving.. but it never ever gets loaded :lol:
EDIT: Now it seems Overload goes to a black screen instead of staying on the loading screen.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:-Overload seems to have stopped working: it stays on the loaing screen forever. Nice music playing, color bars moving.. but it never ever gets loaded
Not working for me either, so it's a deprecation I need to look into.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

JonAbbott wrote:
Vanfanel wrote:-Overload seems to have stopped working: it stays on the loaing screen forever. Nice music playing, color bars moving.. but it never ever gets loaded
Not working for me either, so it's a deprecation I need to look into.
Should be fixed in todays build, *GO was passing the wrong commandline to the app
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I've finally got around to tracking down why Zarch crashes on Pi2/3 - which turned out to be a bug in Zarch, which up until ARMv7 has gone unnoticed. I've now both corrected the bug in the boot script and added fixup code to the JIT, so the instruction works as it did pre ARMv7.

Update obey.zip and Modules on the dev site.