ADFFS 2.54

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.54

Post by JonAbbott »

-Paradroid 2000: abort on data transfer at &202A0FF8. Not working with UO modules either.
This is another Page Zero bug in TrackerModule, just need to figure out what it should be doing!

EDIT: Now fixed if you want to update from TrackerMod504.zip as before. This should also fix the audio problems on StrongARM - it was a bug in the Module code.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Paradroid works now, I've updated the results :)
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

-Legend of the Lost Temple: hangs on abort on data transfer at &202DD44C. Not working with UO modules either.
It's triggering a Page Zero access in BASIC (from within FrontEnd). There's no easy way to correct this bug in the game itself, other than to trap Page Zero accesses within the BASIC Module and fail them silently.
-BattleChess: crashes with Internal error, no stack for trap handler: SWI &100810 not known, pc = FC28439C: registers at 000246F0
Not working with UO modules either.
I had a quick look, but couldn't find any obvious cause of the crash. Needs more detailed investigation.
-Populous: hangs on black screen just after launch. Not working with UO modules either.
Working under the debug Module, so could be a cache flush issue.
-DarkWood: Returns to desktop after disk swapping before actual game starts. Not working with UO modules either.
It's generating a Data Abort when trying to read from its Sprite area block. Needs investigating further.
-Hero Quest: abort on data transfer at &FC02929C. Not working with UO modules either.
Working under the debug Module, so could be a cache flush issue. Hangs in the same way as Populous and under the debug Module it suffers mouse/keyboard issues.
-Lemmings 2 (ok, this one has never worked, but so near!): hangs on black screen after level briefing. Not working with UO modules either.
Had another quick look at this, it's the KrisHardware Module that's causing the issue. Could be a timing issue as the Module sets up timers.
-Blowpipe: Keyboard control problems. Looks and sounds perfect but seems unplayable.
-Nevryon: Control problems with keyboard and mouse. Otherwise, game works.
No doubt an IRQ issue, which needs looking into.
-White magic: hangs on unsupported branch address.
This has never worked, it's a bug in it's sound Modules that I've yet to look into.
-Arcana: seems to hang on the ARCANA logo screen.
Rotor - working on the NoU build - so will investigate further.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

-Legend of the Lost Temple: hangs on abort on data transfer at &202DD44C. Not working with UO modules either.
See if this is fixed in today's build.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon, not fixed yet. Now I get the message: "Please insert disk 11_42_Mon" when I insert disk 2 as the game asks. Also, the tittle screen is corrupt (it was corrupt before, forgot to mention).
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Both LotLT and Battle Chess randomly request the first disk after inserting disk 2, then fail to detect either disk. I'm not sure of the cause yet. I spotted the screen corruption as well and have been going back through the code revisions to find at which point it started...somewhere between 2.51a and current I believe, quite a lot of code to check. After four hours of tweaking code, I gave up yesterday. Will resume investigations next week.

EDIT: Correction, Battle Chess broke between 2.51a and current. LotLT's screen corruption started with 2.53a. It's actually worse than just screen corruption, as the "PLEASE INSERT..." text should be animated, at a guess the interrupt driven code has crashed.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Legend of the Lost Temple should be fixed in today's build.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Legend of the Los Temple works now! Great!! Entry corrected on the second post.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I forgot to mention that the same bug may have been causing the issues in Zarch, if you'd like to see if its any different.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: Yes, Zarch works great now! I have had a good play at it this morning. I am improving at it, someday I'll be able to destroy targets and enemy ships. What a difficult, yet addictive game!