ADFFS 2.54

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
JonAbbott

Re: ADFFS 2.54

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:@Jon: I am installing almost every game to HDD, so maybe my work could be used as a ready-to-go image.
I would have to remove some games, of course, but that's no problem.
Every game can at least have a !App icon even if it's simply mounting the floppy image and running from floppy.

This would be useful for testing purposes, as we could keep our test base in sync. PackMan might be of use here as we can point it at our own server, including all games for testers and a reduced set for the public. PackMan would also have the advantage that games can be selected individually and automatic updates performed.

I'm not planning on doing any development for a while, so I'll give it some thought.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: So is 2.55b considered "stable" for a while (with today's modules and obey)?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

2.55b is the stable public release. Yesterday's build implemented a workaround for a change in RISC OS 5 that is causing Dune II's Intro to fail. I believe RISC OS is going to be modified in the coming days.

I'll continue to update obey.zip to get more games running, ADFFS I'm only planning on fixing bugs for a while.