26bit Module support

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
Vanfanel

Re: 26bit Module support

Post by Vanfanel »

Yes,BlowPipe is still hanging at the same point. The same disk images work great with 2.51b so it's not the disks.
Also, Wolfenstein3D shows the same corrupt gràphic again and hangs. It was working to the game before (with control problems as I said.)
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

I've managed to reproduce the issue with BlowPipe. It's not actually hanging, if you watch it under the debug Module it's still polling the disc looking for the disc swap, but isn't detecting it. Odd thing is, I've gone back to 2.51b and it's showing the same problem. My initial thought was the Boot Script, but it doesn't look like it's changed.

Wolfenstein 3D - I can't reproduce the corrupt graphics. Incidentally, I'm testing without AnyMode, *Configure MonitorType Auto and the monitor set to Auto in Configure - I'll test on my other Pi's later, to see what they're doing.

Just fixed a bug which was causing stack corruption when Modules were removed, updated Modules on the dev site.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

The latest build should fix BlowPipe. Could you also see if this fixes the disk swapping issue in Wolfenstein 3D.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

BlowPipe is fixed finally!! However, Wolfenstein3D is stil hanging at the corrupt graphic it shows as soon as I launch it, so I can't get to test the disk swapping.
I have tried Wolfenstein with and without AnyModes, no difference.
Populous is broken again, hangs on Abort on instruction fetch at &24D4F804 :(
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:Wolfenstein3D is stil hanging at the corrupt graphic it shows as soon as I launch it, so I can't get to test the disk swapping.
Can you confirm you downloaded disc 1 again, after it was updated to fix the disc protection. Might be worth downloading again in case it got corrupt during the transfer.
Vanfanel wrote:Populous is broken again, hangs on Abort on instruction fetch at &24D4F804 :(
I'm seeing that too, so will investigate.

Could you also test DarkWood, the flickering seems to have stopped on my Pi now, possibly due to one of the bug fixes.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

New build up, which should be ZeroPain compatible. I've just updated to todays ROM build and tested a few games at random.

Oddly, on the latest ROM, Lemmings 2 goes into 320x480 instead of 320x256 so is squashed horizontally. It thinks it's running on a VGA monitor, even though it's its being told it's a TV.

Populous appears to work under the debug build, so the issue is more than likely cache related; that would explain why it keeps breaking randomly between builds. I'll need to debug it and find out what's going on.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

Just re-downloadad Wolfenstein and I get the same corrupt graphic and the Pi is stuck.
Darkwood looks fine!
Also, should I update to latest RISC OS ROM too to test along with you, Jon?
Last edited by Vanfanel on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

No, stick on RC14 for the moment as I've not done enough testing.

In light on the Populous issue, could you try Darkwood and Wolfenstein under the latest debug build.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

Populous, Darkwood and Wolfenstein all work under the debug build :)
I tried to install Darkwood but the installer won't recognize disk 2. Playing from floppy images is as crazy as playing Monkey Island 2 on an Amiga 500 :D
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:Populous, Darkwood and Wolfenstein all work under the debug build :);
Cool, that narrows it down then.
Vanfanel wrote:I tried to install Darkwood but the installer won't recognize disk 2. Playing from floppy images is as crazy as playing Monkey Island 2 on an Amiga 500 :D
It is a bit disc-swap happy. It's the usual story, copy all the discs into the !<App> folder, replace the !Run with the Boot script and comment out the first few lines.