26bit Module support

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
JonAbbott

Re: 26bit Module support

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:I have Acorn AKF60 selected
Could you try switching the monitor to Auto and see if Diggers displays something please.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

With Monitor set to AUTO it works!
So, what video mode does it need that I don't have on my custom AKF60 MDF?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:what video mode does it need that I don't have on my custom AKF60 MDF?
320x200

I think there's an MDF in either the root of disc 1 or the game folder.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

I can't find that MDF, are you sure it's on Diggers disks? There's a couple of modules that set a 320x200 modes but that's all.
oh, and disk swapping in Diggers is VERY hard too.. had to try a lot o times before I succeeded on each disk change.
richw

Post by richw »

Out of interest, if you use AnyMode, does it work without needing the special mode in the MDF?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:I can't find that MDF, are you sure it's on Diggers disks? There's a couple of modules that set a 320x200 modes but that's all.
I think I'm getting confused with another game, where I spotted an MDF.
Vanfanel wrote:oh, and disk swapping in Diggers is VERY hard too.. had to try a lot o times before I succeeded on each disk change.
I'll try it tomorrow and roll back through the builds to see if a recent change has caused it. I don't recall any issues changing discs when I first got it working, but that was quite a few build back now.
richw wrote:Out of interest, if you use AnyMode, does it work without needing the special mode in the MDF?
Good question. I've not tested AnyMode myself yet, although I believe that is what AnyMode is supposed to do.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

Yes, richw, AnyMode gets diggers going without any special MDF! It enables every mode I want, cool thing this AnyMode! Thanks for this!!
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

From the discussion with Jeffrey Lee it looks like AnyMode is going to be a pre-req for ADFFS, until the issues with the mode change procedures in RISCOS are modified.

Diggers - testing isn't proving very fruitful, on my dev Pi there's no issues swapping discs, but it did hang after about 5 mins of gameplay. On the Pi's I've build for the London show, it hangs before the prompt for disc two. I've no ideas as to why this should be the case at this point, other than the screen powers off so some drastic has happened at GPU level.

I'm going to try AnyMode next to see if that changes things.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Finally got it running on the show Pi's, but had to comment out the Intro. I didn't have any issues swapping discs, but again it hung a few minutes into game play.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Just uploaded a new dev build, which gets Fireball II working again. I've also fixed another rather drastic bug in the IOC emulation that was causing memory corruption and possibly incorrect triggering of IOC IRQ's.

Could you confirm if BlowPipe is still hanging at the disc 2 insert prompt?