CLib support

Discuss development specific to the Pi version of ADFFS
Vanfanel

Re: CLib support

Post by Vanfanel »

I can play Quest For Gold after inserting disk 2 here! (In the 2 disk version, there's also the 1 disk version wich of course works fine, too).
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:I can play Quest For Gold after inserting disk 2 here!
How odd, for me it immediately says "GAME OVER" as soon as you insert disc 2.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

What "trainer" do you get selected by default if you select "arcade mode"?
In my case, I get the spanish one selected. Selecting others will cause a system crash & error.
Maybe you get a different one if the game detects your local configuration somehow---
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Vanfanel wrote:What "trainer" do you get selected by default if you select "arcade mode"?
In my case, I get the spanish one selected. Selecting others will cause a system crash & error.
Maybe you get a different one if the game detects your local configuration somehow---
It defaults to your language setting, so I get "Great Britain".

The crash when changing trainers could be a bug in the undefined instruction handler, not passing some FPU instructions through when they're in JIT appspace. I'll get that fixed.

Is the sound correct for you? The pitch is wrong for me on both StrongARM and the Pi, we may need to make changes to the Mus2QTM shim module.

EDIT: I've also noticed that trainer selection screen needs slowing down.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

As for the music, I don't know if the pitch is right since I don't know how the game is supposed to sound in an Archimedes machine, but the digitallized voices sound right to me.
I have also noticed the trainer selection screen is very fast, but I thought it was supposed to be like that :P
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

The music is okay, it's the sample that are played in the game. Running sounds, pistol, crowd etc. on all my machines they're double or triple speed.

I'll see if I can slow the trainer screen down, I've not tried turning on the frame pacing yet so will try that first. If that doesn't work, we're into the method Steve came up with, which I've yet to code...putting pauses in when waiting for keyboard or mouse input.

Actually I did code it, but couldn't get it to work, I don't recall if I commented it out or removed it but do need to look into why it wasn't working as several games require it.