Zelanites memory

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
giggler

Zelanites memory

Post by giggler »

Hi. Imaged on ADFFS 2.7.3, A4K 4MB. Zelanites runs to a prompt cannot claim enough memory and then reboots. I think the memory its talking about is RMA. This is from the main app !ZZ which is run after the WIMP stuff. Any suggestions?
JonAbbott

Re: Zelanites memory

Post by JonAbbott »

If you use Boot Floppy from the ADFFS Filer menu - it should sort out memory allocation. If this doesn't work, let me know.
giggler

Post by giggler »

That option doesn't always work. For this game it gives Abort on data transfer &0185CE1C
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

giggler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:45 pm That option doesn't always work. For this game it gives Abort on data transfer &0185CE1C
If you find Boot Floppy doesn't work for a game, please let me know so I can fix it.

In this case could you please list the module addresses to a text file, then immediately use Boot Floppy and note the Abort address. You can then see which Module triggered the Abort and at what offset. I suspect in this case it's either CLib, ADFFS or a Sound related Module.

To dump the module list use:

Code: Select all

*Modules { > ADFS::4.$.mods }
If the machine is still usable after the Abort is triggered, grab the Module list after the Abort and do likewise for the registers:

Code: Select all

*showregs { > ADFS::4.$.regs }