Demons Lair?

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
giggler

Demons Lair?

Post by giggler »

Hi. I have 4D, Demons Lair, 2 DD discs. Can't seem to find it in ADFFS 2.7.3 but I do have a issue where the menus for games and discs are almost empty under my A4K, RiscOS 3.1. Is this a supported game?
giggler

Re: Demons Lair?

Post by giggler »

I found it, in ADFFS it has a apostrophe but not on the disc labels or box and just typed it how i found it.

It doesn't work for me anyhow, so i tried a harddrive install since my copy has this icon on disc1. That kind of worked, loading screen this time rather than just reboot, music and then please insert original disc into drive 0. So that's the main files raw on hdd with jfd disc1 loaded. I think this is another that isn't covered yet
Starlord

Post by Starlord »

Has kryoflux imaging been attempted on Archie disks? It works quite well for Amiga, Atari and falcon. It could solve the protection issues.

Edit to mods: sorry! Posted in the wrong thread. Meant to post in black angel reboot.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

giggler wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:07 pm I found it, in ADFFS it has a apostrophe but not on the disc labels or box and just typed it how i found it.
Just type the first few characters, then select from the drop down menu.
Starlord wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:08 pm Has kryoflux imaging been attempted on Archie disks? It works quite well for Amiga, Atari and falcon. It could solve the protection issues.
Yes. I have GB of Kryoflux images, but the quality of images from Kryoflux isn't great as Kryoflux doesn't retry failures as it has no knowledge of the original structure.
giggler

Post by giggler »

Starlord,

I might have to go for that because I'm just jinxd as nothing is really working for me. Some games run but over half I've done as ADF and then JFD have failed so far. I wish I never lost my old games hdd, all hacked and just ran with one click of an icon.
Starlord

Post by Starlord »

Otherwise there’s always the supercard pro alternative, although to be fair kryoflux was always touted as the best to many of us.

We had recurring problems with a falcon 030 game with nasty DSP protection called crown of creation. We were finally able to save it using that device. Naturally the falcon is a different beast compared to the Archie.
giggler

Post by giggler »

I kind of got the game working by recording, copying all files to hdd, then running the game. I have noticed the recording is a snapshot which doesn't include the rest of the disc so that is why i copied everything at start of recording. It boots and i think plays ok. This probably suggests that the image is different to what ADFFS 2.7.3 expects. I am seeing this difference with a like 50% of the games i have and right now i am not sure why
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

giggler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:34 am I kind of got the game working by recording, copying all files to hdd, then running the game. I have noticed the recording is a snapshot which doesn't include the rest of the disc so that is why i copied everything at start of recording.
If you read the instructions in the !Help, it does state that when creating recordings, you must copy all files from the floppy disk to RAM: or your HD.