Quark disk 2?

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
giggler

Quark disk 2?

Post by giggler »

Hi.

I have JDF my Quark copy. It loads and prompts for disk 2 but the short cut keys to swap disks on ADFFS isn't working. Please can you suggest something? Is this normal for this game?
giggler

Re: Quark disk 2?

Post by giggler »

Same problem with High Risc Racing. Stays at disc 2 prompt, short cut keys work in Desktop but not in game.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Do you see the hourglass when switching discs in both games?
giggler

Post by giggler »

HRR no hour glass or IDE led flicking which does happen in Wimp. Mouse pointer is a spanner, i guess they could have redefned the hour glass to that also? I can change floppy on the screen before starting however it then wants disc 1 back and i am in the same situation.

Quark no mouse or hour glass. I have tried waiting for the logo just before the prompt but by then it appears to ignore the key presses
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Either they've hung up or it can't allocate enough memory to mount the 2nd disc. Try using *ADFReserveMemory 830 before booting them
giggler

Post by giggler »

HRR is playing audio so i hasn't hung, also the caps led works in both games at the prompts. This normally stops working when it hangs. I tried f12, reserve memory command after loading adffs and then ran each game. No difference
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

giggler wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:25 pm HRR is playing audio so i hasn't hung, also the caps led works in both games at the prompts. This normally stops working when it hangs. I tried f12, reserve memory command after loading adffs and then ran each game. No difference
Have you checked you can swap between the discs outside of the game? Other than that, I'm out of ideas.