Play it again Sam 1

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
giggler

Play it again Sam 1

Post by giggler »

Hi.

I have play it again sam 1 but the options in ADFFS don't match my disks. It came with 2 disks marked game and data. I have messed with the ones you have available but I am having trouble because the sets don't match what it offers.

Incidentally, the menus under my riscos 3.1 for disk n and the game names don't show, mostly empty and small. I am selecting by guess where the next text line would be and selecting that until i see the title populate in JFD window.
JonAbbott

Re: Play it again Sam 1

Post by JonAbbott »

giggler wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:08 am the options in ADFFS don't match my disks
Sorry about that, it looks like I messed up the data import. Selecting Play It Again Sam 1: Conqueror and then disc 1/2 should image them correctly.

I'll get it fixed in the next release.
giggler

Post by giggler »

I am using ADFFS 2.7.3. For this and other titles I leave it on JFD auto detect floppy type. Using A4K, 4MB DRAM. Checking on actual format its 800-D not E format and is a DD disc. If I select DD/SS (think that's what you called it) and re-image it all works so I feel the auto detect isn't working correctly
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

giggler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:43 am I am using ADFFS 2.7.3. For this and other titles I leave it on JFD auto detect floppy type. Using A4K, 4MB DRAM. Checking on actual format its 800-D not E format and is a DD disc. If I select DD/SS (think that's what you called it) and re-image it all works so I feel the auto detect isn't working correctly
The floppy detection is performed by asking the FDC to fill in a DiscRec via MiscOp 0. What is returned should match the floppy currently in drive 0 as it's pulled from the disc itself.

I can't think how that would fail. I'll have to try on my A4000 and see if it's a quirk of that particular machine.

I can see how it might get it wrong if there's a JFD image mounted, but you'd then be imaging the image - which would be pretty obvious due to the speed and lack of floppy activity.