Provocator spotted:

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
JonAbbott

Re: Provocator spotted:

Post by JonAbbott »

@wmd I noticed I’d also downloaded a ZIP of the game from your OneDrive.

I tried it under Red Squirrel, Arculator and on a Pi3 under ADFFS, all exhibited graphics corruption when scrolling. When I get a chance I’ll test on appropriate hardware but on the face of it, it looks like I might need to do some bug fixing in the game itself.

The bottom of the screen is corrupt when moving up/down the screen and the right of the screen is corrupt when flying to the right.

It’s also possible your floppy is modified as the !Run is doing some odd things when it loads the game, it’s hard to tell if someone has hacked around with it, or it’s just a poorly implemented loader.
wmd

Post by wmd »

Yes, that is a hacked copy that I obtained from another source. It's not a rip of the original disk I purchased.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

wmd wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:11 pm Yes, that is a hacked copy that I obtained from another source. It's not a rip of the original disk I purchased.
Ah, in that case I won't spend any time looking at it. I don't suppose you can ZIP or create an ADF of your original yet?
wmd

Post by wmd »

Not been able to dump it yet. I don't have time to spend trying to fix my A3020 at the moment. I contacted someone on the English Amiga Board who dumped some of my Arc disks a few years ago to see if they can to it, but not had a reply yet.
Starlord

Post by Starlord »

Hi wmd. Check your PMs.
wmd

Post by wmd »

I've been playing this on an old Win8.1 PC with Arculator and it runs fine. However, when I run it on my Win10 gaming PC, the scrolling stutters. Anyone know what the issue might be?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Sounds like an issue with Arculator. Raise it on the Arculator 2.1 release thread over on StarDot.