Provocator spotted:

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
Starlord

Provocator spotted:

Post by Starlord »

Hello All, this is Starlord from the English Amiga boards. I hope you are well.

First of all, let me tell you that I greatly appreciate what the jaspp project is achieving. Many thanks to you and others for allowing the Archie library to survive.

I had a question: I saw this recently:

https://picclick.fr/Acorn-Risc-Archimed ... 50609.html

I was wondering (actually hoping) that a member of the jaspp had made the purchase. Can you in fact tell me more on that and confirm/infirm this? As one of the rarest pieces of software for the Archie I’d love it if it was preserved.

Thank you for your insight.
JonAbbott

Re: Provocator spotted:

Post by JonAbbott »

Sadly not myself. It is one of the games we're currently missing.

I don't think its been purchased by anyone that's previously helped the project as most let me know when they have purchased rare titles.
wmd

Post by wmd »

I'm the winning bidder of this auction. I will be glad to loan the disk to anyone with the appropriate kit to get it dumped. I've had this game on my ebay watch list for years and this is the first time I've ever seen it for sale. I used to have a copy of it back in the 90s that I played a lot, but the disk got lost at some point.
Starlord

Post by Starlord »

Thank you sir. That would be awesome. The game was close to oblivion. Hope the disk is fine and dandy.

I would advise you to contact jonabbott who posted on the thread as well, he’s one of the project tenants.
wmd

Post by wmd »

@JonAbbot: I received your message, but there doesn't seem to be an option to reply? Maybe I don't have sufficient privileges. Eitherway, I do have an Arc - an A3020 with an original HDD (20MB IIRC). I think it has 2MB. I haven't switched it on in about 5 five years. It has been modified so the batteries are attached externally to avoid possibility of internal damage. Also, the mouse doesn't work very well - seems to not respond very well in one of the directions. I bought the game to get it dumped in the hope of being able to play it on a Pi, that I have yet to buy and setup.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

See if you can PM now.
wmd wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:28 am I bought the game to get it dumped in the hope of being able to play it on a Pi
I can probably get it running on the Pi, once we can get a working image of it. A 2MB Arc might just have enough RAM to grab an ADF, you'll have to install !ADFFS and try the ADF imager.
wmd

Post by wmd »

I seem to be able to reply to PMs now so I will PM you.
Starlord

Post by Starlord »

Do we know if the game has protection?
wmd

Post by wmd »

Not yet as it hasn't actually arrived in the post yet.
Starlord

Post by Starlord »

I see. And when you previously played the game do you recall the game asking you to insert the disk? Or maybe input passwords from the manual?