Re: ADFFS on A3000

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
JonAbbott

Re: Re: ADFFS on A3000

Post by JonAbbott »

If you use the packaged version, I believe it fixes the music, not sure about the game speed. CTRL+SHIFT+PgUp/PgDn can be used on most games to alter the speed.
sP1d3r

Post by sP1d3r »

That's great!

Although haven't got around to trying that yet, I've found a problem with installing ADFFS on a Raspberry Pi 2 model B v1.1 which is that, although I've managed to follow the Youtube videos and install games that work, recently I've found that my network no longer works, but when the loader firmware backup is restored along with the RO 5.24 rom image, it does.

Instead of the usual 'Contacting DHCP server for Ethernet over USB interface' message on the startup screen, it now says 'Repeat: file 'System.Modules.Network.AUNMsgs' not found' and when booted, the Configure>Network>Internet>Interfaces>Status dialogue box shows no transmit frames, only received.

Have I made a noob mistake or is this strange?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Check you haven't got any Modules Unpluged, they sometimes change Module number between builds. *Unplug should tell you
sP1d3r

Post by sP1d3r »

Hi Jon

I tried the unplug command and there aren't any unplugged modules.
I noticed that there are 143 numbered modules in the RO 524 rom but only 136 in RO 527.
I looked in Resource.$.Resources and there's an AUNMsgs folder in 524 but not in 527, also the module (91) is loaded in 524 but not in 527.

I wonder if the 527 rom needs some additional modules? I know that the AUNMsgs module is supposed to be RMEnsured and RMLoaded in the !Boot sequence.
richw

Post by richw »

AUNMsgs has recently been removed from the ROM. It is not needed.

However, your Boot sequence is out of date, so still has references to it. If you download the latest HardDisc4 from ROOL and merge it over your current one, you should be fine. This should always be done with a ROM image update, as there can be dependencies.
sP1d3r

Post by sP1d3r »

:) Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.