Game deployment via PackMan

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
JonAbbott

Game deployment via PackMan

Post by JonAbbott »

ADFFS and games supported on the Pi are available via PackMan using the following source URL:

https://www.jaspp.org.uk/packages/release

Caveats/issues:
  • Although ADFFS is installed as a dependency, you still need to ensure your machine meets the requirements detailed in the latest ADFFS release
  • Some games have conflicting !App folder names, particularly where there are multiple versions of the same game. These games will currently end up in a numbered subfolder that matches the game ID
  • Some games are missing icons for the !App folder (please contact me if you want to create suitable icons)
  • Game compatibility on RiscPC and other platforms will vary as testing is primarily done on a Pi3
  • The games are known to work on a Pi3 with ADFFS 2.72 and newer
  • There is currently no package manager for RISC OS 3.1x. You can however manually download the distro file above, which is a TXT file, then grab the direct download link for the games you're after from it. Download them directly and then extract via SparkFS
Thanks go to Alan Buckley for developing the bespoke packing tools that make this possible, along with his continued development of PackMan.
JonAbbott

Re: Game deployment via PackMan

Post by JonAbbott »

The majority of PackMan distribution packages have now been updated to include the Environment field. The unfortunate side-effect is that all packages will now being indicating an update is required, when in fact the packages haven't changed.

The ADFFS package has not been updated with the Environment field at this point, it will be updated along with the next ADFFS release.

For beta testers, the ADFFS beta has been updated and several games have been added, in particular a lot of ARMv4 compatible games that make use of the ARMv4 JIT.
Vanfanel

Post by Vanfanel »

@Jon: I am so glad ADFFS got a BETA update!
Should we also update RiscOS before reporting errors? What ROM version is recommended?
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Requirements are the same as 2.72, so no updates should be required. Please post any issues on the 2.73 beta thread and I'll start looking at them.

Make sure you update any games you have installed via PackMan. I've updated all the games I've tested that appear to work to the ARMv4 JIT, as per the StrongARM compatible thread.