Magnetoids

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
Trapper

Magnetoids

Post by Trapper »

I've got the demo on an Acorn User magazine floppy (September 1994 - my first, and the day I got my A3010 as an 11 year old boy!)

Does anyone know if the full game has ever been released? I know people are having trouble finding Digital Symphony as well. It looks like Oregan just up sticks and left!
Phlamethrower

Re: Magnetoids

Post by Phlamethrower »

It's on the list of games which Jon has imaged, so it was definitely released. Hopefully he'll be able to make it and the other Oregan titles available for download at some point. I played the demos for both Arcturus and Magnetoids a fair bit, but wasn't quite good enough at either game to feel confident enough to buy the full thing!
hubersn

Post by hubersn »

Magnetoids was properly released. The really cool update with nicely shaded fills instead of the flat fills for Risc PCs however was not released IIRC. Frank Föhl showed the update in the early 90s on one of our Acorn meetings.
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

hubersn wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:05 pm The really cool update with nicely shaded fills instead of the flat fills for Risc PCs however was not released IIRC. Frank Föhl showed the update in the early 90s on one of our Acorn meetings.
We'll have to see if we can track him down and see if he still has the code.
hubersn

Post by hubersn »

Frank did a major part of the Windows game "Stealth Combat" - but this was 2002 or so. Haven't heard anything about him. I guess you already made contact with Jan Klose for the Artex software titles? Maybe he knows more.