Command Line Help

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
manson976

Command Line Help

Post by manson976 »

Hello fellow ARCadians...
Trying to figure out this small problem
I'm having lots of fun using the command line to launch my games on an external HD
ie
F12
*Drive 4
*Dir Flashback
"!flashback
Game Boots WOOP
ok
I've got ADFFS working perfect great job btw and thanks for the effort

F12
*Drive 4
*Dir ADFFS
*Basic
*SYS "Wimp_CloseDown"
*ADFFS

but that that only launches the ADFFS app I would like to then either to open the FCE file containing the game or mostly Have the game inside to launch???
hope that makes sense??
Is there a command to do this or is it FAR too complex a process??
Any Help Well Appreciated...
manson976

Re: Command Line Help

Post by manson976 »

Seen this thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=232&start=10
seems perfect for my achievement i'm aim for..
Apologies for sounding somewhat dump but I took a gander inside the the !ADFFS and I don't see these obey files mentioned only one obey file
also note how would i get Arculator to boot ADFFS on startup?
If you don't mind a step by step would be helpful thanks once again..
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

manson976 wrote:I'm having lots of fun using the command line to launch my games on an external HD
A bit hardcore, why don't you use the Filer?
manson976 wrote:F12
*Drive 4
*Dir ADFFS
*Basic
*SYS "Wimp_CloseDown"
*ADFFS

but that that only launches the ADFFS app I would like to then either to open the FCE file containing the game or mostly Have the game inside to launch???
hope that makes sense??
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do, but if I was to guess, I'd say you want to use the Desktop.

Simply double-click !ADFFS at the Desktop and then double-click the floppy images to open them. From there, provided they're JASPP sourced disc images select "Boot floppy" from the ADFFS Filer to run the game in question - on the game download pages it details how to run each game. Most are bootable, a few need installing first such as Alone in the Dark.
manson976

Post by manson976 »

I'm using a FE for games it sends commands to autoboot games, now standard games installed on an external drive work fine but your games are archive in a way I obviously need to start adffs first then boot the file inside the archive !Magical Pockets for example and execute the game
is there a command of sorts to do this I know the general commands but this has lost me.
Cheers Jon
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

It's all in the help file, right click on the !ADFFS application folder and select help. Or *Help ADFFS from a command prompt.

You'll want *ADFMount and *ADFBootFloppy
richw

Post by richw »

What front end are you using, out of interest?
manson976

Post by manson976 »

Ok sweet so far so good anyway to have ADFFS autoboot in ARCULATOR on startup?
Cheers Jon

The Fe is Rlauncher been scripting away at this for over a year now
richw

Post by richw »

Getting stuff to autoboot in RISC OS is not specific to ADFFS. You need to set up ArculFS or create an hd4 file. Once you have that working, create a !Boot file which runs ADFFS. Configure RISC OS to boot from there and it will start automatically. Do you have ArculFS/HosrFS or an hd4 file? I think the Arculator documentation covers setting these up. Let me know if you get stuck on any particular bits.
manson976

Post by manson976 »

Success got it to load through but i'm looking for a plain !bootfile that will work with ARCULATOR then I can command it to boot for HD uniboot is no good its for later machines.. I'll keep looking any advice on that wold help.
Cheers guys
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

manson976 wrote:Success got it to load through but i'm looking for a plain !bootfile that will work with ARCULATOR then I can command it to boot for HD uniboot is no good its for later machines.. I'll keep looking any advice on that wold help.
You may want to take a look at the Arculator Install Instructions thread on Stardot.

Uniboot is okay, provided you remove !System.310.Module.BorderUtil