compilation disks?

Discuss the project, or ask a general question
craiganderson

compilation disks?

Post by craiganderson »

Hello. Are there any compilation disks for archimedes? Meaning someone has taken all the games and put them into one file such that a menu pops up and the user chooses a game? Know what I mean?

and thanks for a great site!

thanks
craig
JonAbbott

Re: compilation disks?

Post by JonAbbott »

I'm guessing you mean a MAME type app - no. It's on the list of things to provide, there's GUI forum for it on here but it's not progressed as I'm tied up doing the core development and I don't believe hoglet has started on it yet. Everything was designed with a MAME type front end in mind though, so one day it will get coded.

If you'd like to put the games on here together into a collection, your best bet is to copy them all to harddisk following my suggestion in this post.
craiganderson

Post by craiganderson »

Thanks. Some of us in the "hyperspin" community are working on a setup. Have the games auto-loading etc. Putting final touches on it. I am just one small part of it. When it is all done, the USER will be able to select a game on the wheel and with one click go all the way into the game, play with an xbox 360 controller, exit back to wheel and pick another. thanks for the help!

a thread on archimedes
http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showt ... edes-setup

video of WIP
JonAbbott

Post by JonAbbott »

Drop me your eMail address via PM, you'll probably want a copy of the metadata for all the commercial titles.
craiganderson

Post by craiganderson »

JonAbbott wrote:Drop me your eMail address via PM, you'll probably want a copy of the metadata for all the commercial titles.

thank u very much. will do right now :)