Archimedes game stuck on a floppy disk

Discuss using Kryoflux to image floppies
mrmouse

Archimedes game stuck on a floppy disk

Post by mrmouse »

Hi there

Way back in 1992-ish, I spent far too much time coding my own version of the Columns game for my A3000. I never had any pretensions to get it published or anything like that (I expect that I probably 'lifted' some of the routines from other programs at the time) so it was something of a labour of love. I still have the original and only copy of the game on a 3.5inch floppy disk. Whether there's any data still on it after being stored in the loft for 30 years is another matter, but I'd love to be able to retrieve the game if it's at all possible. Is there anyone that can help me do this please? I've long since parted ways with my A3000, so have no means of doing so myself...

Many thanks - Alex.
JonAbbott

Re: Archimedes game stuck on a floppy disk

Post by JonAbbott »

If you can't find anyone local to yourself to help, you can post the disk to me and I'll see if its still readable. The address is on the Legal Notice page.

If you have any other Arc software floating around in your loft, let me know. I'm always on the lookout for alternative copies to compare against.
mrmouse

Re: Archimedes game stuck on a floppy disk

Post by mrmouse »

Hi Jon. Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately, it's the only thing I hung on to - although my dad might have a few original disks knocking around still - I'll ask.